- Great menu system, good brightness levels
- Very noisy
A cheap purchase if you don't mind the noise.
Price$ 1,599.00 (AUD)
An affordable DLP projector, the X2 has a brightness rating of 1600 ANSI lumens, so you can use it in a greater variety of light conditions. To preserve lamp life, you can invoke 'whisper' mode, and drop down to a more conservative 1100 ANSI lumens.
Incidentally, the 'whisper' mode seems to be something of a misnomer, since even here, the projector runs at a painfully loud 37dB. Another slight disappointment is the resolution support; the maximum resolution is 800 x 600 (SVGA). While this is fine for most purposes (and is a primary reason for the X2's low price tag), for serious use, you would have to consider whether 800 x 600 is enough. The control panel is designed for total simplicity, though, and InFocus' ProjectAbility menu system is a joy to use.
The X2 has a 2000:1 contrast ratio that promises excellent depth of colour, especially at the darker end of the spectrum. The image quality is very good, and business and home users alike will enjoy watching the X2. The presence of composite RCA connectors is a useful feature for those looking to add some proper speakers.
This is an extremely good projector for the money, but those looking for a significant jump in performance from the X1 are likely to find it an anti-climax.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Sony’s new liquid-cooled 4K home video projector delivers 5000 lumens of brightness, costs $60,000
- BenQ targets Epson with revamped home entertainment projectors
- LG's new Laser Display gives you 100in of full HD glory
- Vivid Sydney 2012 gets some love from will.i.am
- InFocus releases cheap short-throw projector
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCSenior Windows Systems Engineer- MCSE- SCOM, SCCMNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- CCAgile TesterNSW
- CCService Desk Quality Assurance SpecialistNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectACT
- FTDatabase Administration Team LeaderQLD
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCIAM Technical Specialist/ConsultantWA
- CCPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- CCTechnical SpecialistNSW
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- CCProject Finance Analyst (Contract)VIC
- TPProject Manager - HealthQLD
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedACT
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)SA