thanku so much.. working great.. i guess the only drawback would be that if the file explorer sw is not there you cannot use it..anyways ty..
Imation 2-in-1 Micro USB Flash drive for Android
Use Imation's 2-in-1 drive to quickly and easily transfer data to and from your smartphone and a computer
- Easy way to transfer data to and from a computer and an Android device
- A neat external drive solution for a mobile Android 4.1 device
- Can't plug into phones with thick cases
- No external cap for the micro-USB plug
Imation's 2-in-1 Micro USB Flash drive for Android is a good product for transferring files between a phone and a computer. It works as intended, without hassle, and it's especially useful for those of you with devices that don't have microSD slots. Think of it as an external storage drive for your phone or tablet that you can use while you're on-the-go.
Price$ 29.95 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 5 stores)
- 8 Gb Defender F100 Usb Flash Drive 227.81
- Nano Usb Flash Drive 32gb Twin Pack 88.90
- 4 Gb Defender F100 Usb Flash Drive 172.85
Imation's 2-in-1 Micro USB Flash drive for Android may not be the most imaginatively named product of 2013, but it's definitely an interesting product, and one that's bound to appeal to data-swapping Android users who swing recent smartphones or tablets. It's a USB stick that has both regular USB and micro-USB ends, which means you can plug it into a PC, or directly into an Android device. Why? So you can quickly transfer stuff without having to use a cable or a cloud service.
The drive is available in 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB capacities, and it's a useful product for those of you who might have an Android phone or tablet that can't accept extra storage in the form of a microSD card — or simply for those of you who want to take more stuff with your than your microSD card can handle. However, it won't work on all Android smartphones; your phone needs to run Android 4.1 or higher, and it has to support USB on-the-go. If it does, then all you will need to use the Imation 2-in-1 is a file manager app.
There are no cables to deal with, and an extra power source isn't required. When you plug the Imation drive into your phone, it will be detected as a USB storage device, and you'll be able to use your favourite file manager app to access the files that are on it — and also to transfer files off the phone if you need to reclaim some internal storage space. We used an app called My Files (version 1.0) to browse the USB drive and play files off it, but Imation suggests ES File Explorer, which is a more comprehensive manager.
The drive worked perfectly for us in our file transfer tests using a Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone, recording a rate of 3.17 megabytes per second (MBps) when we copied 698MB worth of photos from the phone to the USB drive. Movies and music also played off the drive without any issues, though if you want to watch movies stored on the drive, you will have to make sure that a capable video player app is also installed on your phone. When transferring photos from the Imation drive to a PC (one equipped with a fast SSD drive), we recorded a rate of 18.5MBps.
Physically, the drive is reasonably solid, and it's very simple in its design. The micro-USB plug is attached to the drive by a sliding hinge that allows the USB drive to swivel. The micro-USB plug acts as a cover for the regular USB plug. You will need to pull it out and then swivel the drive in order to be able to plug it into a PC. We should point out that you can't use both ends at the same time.
The micro-USB plug and the regular-sized USB plug are not joined together when both ends of the drive are open. You can't simply plug one end into your phone and the other into your PC — data won't pass through from one end to the other. In fact, if you plug the drive into your phone while the regular-sized USB plug is showing, it won't be detected by the phone. The memory sits in the portion where the regular-sized USB plug resides, the regular-sized USB plug has to be capped by the micro-USB plug in order to be recognised by the phone.
If all that sounds confusing, don't worry, it's not. Just look at the photos below for the do's and don'ts.
Unfortunately, the drive doesn't ship with a proper cap for the micro-USB plug. Instead, it has a built-in cap that slides over it, but it's very easily knocked out of position, which can leave the micro-USB end unknowingly exposed. If you have a relatively thick case installed on your phone, you may not be able to plug in the Imation drive until you take the phone out of its case.
Pricing starts at $29.95 for the 16GB version; the 32GB version is $49.95, and the 64GB version is $79.95. it can be purchased from Officeworks and other major retailers.
Imation stated that it's currently working on 2-in-1 drives for Apple devices.
Is my phone or tablet compatible with the Imation 2-in-1 Micro USB Flash drive for Android? Find out here
I am really happy to glance at this website posts which carries tons of helpful information, thanks for providing such information.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 2 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 3 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 4 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 5 TomTom Runner Cardio GPS watch
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Yosemite OS shares Spotlight search terms by default
- First products from Apple-IBM deal to come next month
- Smartsheet, the project management tool cloaked as a spreadseet, adds visualization
- Telstra misled customers on smartphone warranties: ACCC
- OnePlus One pre-orders go live this week
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW