IBM Australia Lenovo ThinkCentre A51
- Comparitively poor performance
Small, rugged and good looking, the ThinkCentre A51 is suitable for everyday office tasks and won't occupy too much space on the desk. Its tool-less design and its comfortable keyboard and 17in monitor make it a pleasure to work on. We do wish it was a better performer and had a longer standard warranty period.
Price$ 2,079.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
Ruggedly built, yet small in stature, this desktop has the same configuration as the M51, apart for an extra 512MB of memory and a larger hard drive. As such, it performed slightly better in World Bench 5 than its larger cousin and is a unit that should definitely be considered for large desktop roll-outs. The ThinkCentre A51 from Lenovo is based on the Intel 915G chipset and has a 3GHz Pentium 4 CPU along with 1GB of DDR memory and a 160GB hard drive.
Physically, its relatively small dimensions allow the unit to be placed flat on the desk with the monitor on top; or it can be stood up, tower style, with the included stand. Tool-less entry into the chassis and tool-less manipulation of the main components makes maintenance a breeze.
Like the ThinkCentre M51 series, the ThinkCentre A51 series features Lenovo's hardware and software security features, plus data backup and recovery software.
Supplied with a 17in LCD monitor and a very sturdy keyboard, the A51 is a pleasure to use, but still lacks the grunt of comparable configurations. Its performance is adequate for spreadsheets, wordprocessing and Internet browsing, as well as multitasking. However, if tougher tasks need to be undertaken then, like the M51, this model will struggle.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- How to fix a limited connectivity problem on a Windows 7 PC
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Microsoft Surface Studio teardown reveals Intel and ARM chips inside
- You wear Zotac's new gaming PC on your back
- This may be the most expensive 'free' computer you've ever seen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD
- FTFunctional ConsultantNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)Other
- CCService ManagerACT
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTSystem EngineerVIC
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Transformation projectsSA