- Touch screen display, FM recording, USB 2.0 interface
- Can't record TV
The i-Station PMP1000 is a reasonably priced multimedia player with a handy touch screen.
Price$ 749.00 (AUD)
Portable media players let you stow in your pocket favourite TV shows, movies, music and photos--a mix of entertainment otherwise confined to your desktop computer. Although Microsoft is pushing players based on the mobile version of its Media Center software, there are a variety of alternatives available, each with a different take on the concept--from physical design to user interface.
Most media players have had similar drawbacks: high price tags, barely pocketable sizes, and minimal extra features. However, the i-Station PMP1000 and Archos PMA430 introduced a new touch, quite literally, as they were the first to include a 3.5" touch screen display. This is a boon for ease of use. The i-Station is well built and a tad smaller than some earlier players. The PMP1000 is equipped with a 20GB hard disks; enough capacity for roughly 4500 songs or roughly seven movies. It has a USB 2.0 interface, can also double as an external hard disk and includes internal directory structures for organising your media files (see specifications for full listing of supported photo, music and movie file formats).
The devices can record input from built-in microphones and line-input directly to MP3. The i-Station PMP1000 can also output to TV (S-Video) but not record. Its extra features include FM radio tuning and recording plus built-in dictionary, calendar, calculator and a text viewer.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCDeployment EngineerSA
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)NSW
- FTSenior Learning Specialist - Global OrganisationQLD
- CCFullstack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Manager (Event Management)NSW
- TPJunior Project ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Functional Consultant - Data Analytics - TelcoVIC
- FTMonitoring Tools Support l NimSoft , SMARTS, ehealth, TivoliNSW
- TPAgile Project Manager. Sharepoint / PeoplesoftNSW
- TPFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP/ Nakisa Implementation ConsultantQLD
- TPTechnical WriterVIC
- CCIT Support TechnicianNSW
- CCBusiness Test Lead - BRT/UATNSW
- CCDevops EngineerNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCMarketing SpecialistNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst AO7QLD
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCLevel 2 IT Service DeskQLD
- FTEnterprise Architect l Practice Manager - Archimate 3.0, eTOMNSW
- TPSenior IT Business AnalystVIC