- Touch screen display, FM recording, USB 2.0 interface
- Can't record TV
The i-Station PMP1000 is a reasonably priced multimedia player with a handy touch screen.
Price$ 749.00 (AUD)
Portable media players let you stow in your pocket favourite TV shows, movies, music and photos--a mix of entertainment otherwise confined to your desktop computer. Although Microsoft is pushing players based on the mobile version of its Media Center software, there are a variety of alternatives available, each with a different take on the concept--from physical design to user interface.
Most media players have had similar drawbacks: high price tags, barely pocketable sizes, and minimal extra features. However, the i-Station PMP1000 and Archos PMA430 introduced a new touch, quite literally, as they were the first to include a 3.5" touch screen display. This is a boon for ease of use. The i-Station is well built and a tad smaller than some earlier players. The PMP1000 is equipped with a 20GB hard disks; enough capacity for roughly 4500 songs or roughly seven movies. It has a USB 2.0 interface, can also double as an external hard disk and includes internal directory structures for organising your media files (see specifications for full listing of supported photo, music and movie file formats).
The devices can record input from built-in microphones and line-input directly to MP3. The i-Station PMP1000 can also output to TV (S-Video) but not record. Its extra features include FM radio tuning and recording plus built-in dictionary, calendar, calculator and a text viewer.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantWA
- CCSalesforce - Functional Analyst (BA)NSW
- FTBid ManagerVIC
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk Support (CISCO)QLD
- CCNetIQ Development & SupportNSW
- CCLevel 1/2 SAP Support AnalystACT
- CCStorage System EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCNetwork ArchitectWA
- CCMDM Consultant/DesignerVIC
- CCIT Procurement OfficerNSW
- FTJunior Software Developer - SASACT
- FTEnterprise Architect l Practice Manager - Archimate 3.0, eTOMNSW
- CCCloud Security Solutions Architect - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)QLD
- TPSenior Analyst Programmer - ContractQLD
- FTSenior Network AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior .Net Developer with Silverlight proficiencyVIC
- FTPMO Coordinator-Permanent Opportunity-Education/Government Background EssentialNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)ACT
- TPAnalyst Programmer (Adabas)SA
- CCDevops EngineerNSW
- TPDesktop Support OfficerQLD