Hyundai ImageQuest L90D+
- Height and pivot options
- Mediocre image quality
The Hyundai ImageQuest L90D+ has a bargain price and a graceful design, but we weren't impressed with its image quality.
Price$ 699.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
Priced at $699 when we reviewed it, Hyundai's ImageQuest L90D+ is very inexpensive for a 19" monitor. It comes as a pleasant surprise that this budget model offers height and pivot adjustments--features more common on higher-end monitors. Height adjustment helps users set the screen at a comfortable level, and screen pivot comes in handy for viewing the screen in portrait mode. The L90D+ does not include screen pivoting software, however, such as PivotPro, which would add to the cost of the monitor.
Though the L90D+ includes the adjustment features of a more costly monitor, its image quality is mediocre. Most jurors found text adequate, but not especially crisp, on our text screens. The L90D+ showed pleasing balance in our group photo screen, but the colors of small images on our Web page seemed slightly off. Overall, the L90D+ eked out ratings of Good in both text and graphics.
For the money, the L90D+ delivers better-than-expected design. The silver cabinet and rounded black stand feel secure and well weighted. The contrasting paint and real words on the labels make the simple controls easy to understand. That said, we wish that the membrane buttons had had heavier actuation. We weren't thrilled with the sound from the built-in speakers, but we liked that we could control the volume conveniently from the front of the bezel. Picky listeners may want to use the headphone jack instead. Hyundai includes an audio cable, so you can plug this monitor in and play music without making a trip to the shop.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Kogan forced to pay $32,400 penalty by ACCC
- LG's ultra-thin touchscreen panels will enable lighter, thinner notebooks
- Curved displays from TVs see uptake in PCs, monitors
- Samsung's UHD Monitor covers 99.5 per cent of Adobe colour spectrum
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC