HP USB PS2 Washable Keyboard
An HP keyboard that will withstand the stickiest spills and the heaviest dust particles
- Dust- and liquid-proof, washable, USB extension cable
- Left Shift key is not big enough
For dusty environments and situations where spills are of real concern, HP's USB PS2 Washable Keyboard is a good choice. It it ever gets contaminated with dust or sticky liquids, you can simply wash it under a running tap without worrying about damaging it.
Price$ 69.00 (AUD)
If your work environment is very dusty, or if you're a bit of a klutz with your coffee mug or soft drink, consider investing in HP's USB PS2 Washable Keyboard. It's a $69 keyboard that's impervious to dust and liquids and it will keep on truckin' even after the most severe of spills.
Whether you spill a sticky soft drink on it while watching a funny YouTube video, or whether a lot of dust gets into the nooks between the keys while you're on the wood shop floor, you can simply place the keyboard under running water and give it a thorough scrub. You don't have to worry about ruining the board, nor do you have to remove every key to clean underneath them. The board has a sealed structure that keeps liquids and dust from flowing through to its circuit.
You can see from the above video that the keyboard can be plugged straight in to a PC and used, even if it's still wet -- just make sure that the USB plug is dry (inside and out) before you plug it back in. To dry the keyboard, just turn it upside down and shake it, wipe it down, and give it a bit of time -- it's not fun to type on a wet keyboard anyway.
What makes the Washable Keyboard convenient to clean is its extension cable, which has a USB connection only a few centimetres from edge of the keyboard and allows you to disengage it from the PC without having to venture around to the rear of the PC.
In addition to its USB connection, the Washable Keyboard ships with a PS/2 connector so that it can be used on older motherboards. It's a comfortable keyboard to type on as its keys have plenty of travel and response, but we found the left Shift key to be too small for our liking.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unveils Bixby voice assistant for upcoming Galaxy S8
- Sony's virtual reality suit is why people go to SXSW
- Samsung's UHD Monitor covers 99.5 per cent of Adobe colour spectrum
- HP settles cases with inkjet cartridge vendors
- Study predicts PS3 will win the console war
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTC# (Full Stack) DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Co-OrdinaterNSW
- FTSolution Architect (e-Health)NSW
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTL&D ConsultantVIC
- FTPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorNSW
- FTAgile Test AnalystQLD
- FTWeb Business AnalystACT
- TP.Net Software DeveloperQLD
- FTJunior Applications SupportSA
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorNSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Forecasting SASNSW
- TPTechnical Analyst - 6 Month Contract - Great Rates Of PayNSW
- FTMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- CCLead SAP SRM DeveloperACT
- TPProject SchedulerVIC
- FTICT Change AnalystSA
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTProject AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Performance TesterQLD
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorSA