HP USB PS2 Washable Keyboard
An HP keyboard that will withstand the stickiest spills and the heaviest dust particles
- Dust- and liquid-proof, washable, USB extension cable
- Left Shift key is not big enough
For dusty environments and situations where spills are of real concern, HP's USB PS2 Washable Keyboard is a good choice. It it ever gets contaminated with dust or sticky liquids, you can simply wash it under a running tap without worrying about damaging it.
Price$ 69.00 (AUD)
If your work environment is very dusty, or if you're a bit of a klutz with your coffee mug or soft drink, consider investing in HP's USB PS2 Washable Keyboard. It's a $69 keyboard that's impervious to dust and liquids and it will keep on truckin' even after the most severe of spills.
Whether you spill a sticky soft drink on it while watching a funny YouTube video, or whether a lot of dust gets into the nooks between the keys while you're on the wood shop floor, you can simply place the keyboard under running water and give it a thorough scrub. You don't have to worry about ruining the board, nor do you have to remove every key to clean underneath them. The board has a sealed structure that keeps liquids and dust from flowing through to its circuit.
You can see from the above video that the keyboard can be plugged straight in to a PC and used, even if it's still wet -- just make sure that the USB plug is dry (inside and out) before you plug it back in. To dry the keyboard, just turn it upside down and shake it, wipe it down, and give it a bit of time -- it's not fun to type on a wet keyboard anyway.
What makes the Washable Keyboard convenient to clean is its extension cable, which has a USB connection only a few centimetres from edge of the keyboard and allows you to disengage it from the PC without having to venture around to the rear of the PC.
In addition to its USB connection, the Washable Keyboard ships with a PS/2 connector so that it can be used on older motherboards. It's a comfortable keyboard to type on as its keys have plenty of travel and response, but we found the left Shift key to be too small for our liking.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's UHD Monitor covers 99.5 per cent of Adobe colour spectrum
- HP settles cases with inkjet cartridge vendors
- Study predicts PS3 will win the console war
- Samsung wave makes a splash at Mobile World Congress
- Sony finally back in the black (but not thanks to PlayStation)
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTInfrastructure Security Compliance OfficerNSW
- FTSenior .Net Developer with Silverlight proficiencyVIC
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPInstructional Designer | DETQLD
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Azure/AWSVIC
- TPBusiness Intelligence Program ManagerVIC
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- FTDevelopment Manager - SaaSQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst AO7QLD
- CCScrum MasterQLD
- TPDeployment Specialist (DevOps)QLD
- CCApplication Services Administrator (Linux)NSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)VIC
- CCTelecommunication Operations SpecialistTAS
- TPJava DeveloperVIC
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- FTFull Stack PHP Developer - Focus on Front EndQLD
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- TPSolution Architect - IntegrationQLD
- CCSenior Life 400 DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTPMO Coordinator-Permanent Opportunity-Education/Government Background EssentialNSW
- CCApplication Solution Designer (Automation) - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW