HP iPAQ rx5765
- Great value
- A little slow
The iPAQ is a touch slow at times and its lack of a pedestrian mode hasn't gone unnoticed. However, it still offers amazing value for money and excellent functionality.
Price$ 699.00 (AUD)
Satnav, a feature that was once found only in the most expensive cars, is increasingly crammed on to the screens of smart phones and PDAs and hidden beneath the passenger seat of rusty bangers.
The latest addition to HP's iPAQ line-up, the 5765, runs on Windows Mobile 5.0 Premium, combining navigation assistance with Office applications, contact- and data-management software, media playback, e-mail and Web browsing. It's a simple matter to sync data with a PC, and images are easily sent directly to print.
Although some features are dependant on accessibility to a wireless network, the main features are not. And by configuring the BT Phone Manager, you can tap into your mobile's Internet connection using the built-in Bluetooth receiver. It's here that the iPAQs ability to switch between horizontal and vertical displays really impresses.
With TomTom Navigator 6.0 Australian maps preinstalled, postcode navigation, various points of interest and access to TomTom Plus services, the iPAQ is all you need to find your way. That said, it suffers some delay around corners, which can be confusing when one turn leads immediately to another. And we still haven't found a GPS capable of quickly finding a signal at startup in remote locations
Importantly, the HP features password protection. And reassurances continue abroad. While it has an exhaustive collection of maps, iPAQ Choice points allow you to download more - along with additional games and software. Meanwhile, WorldMate keeps you clued-up with differing time zones, currencies and whatever else may have you confused.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Latest News Articles
- NSW government taps on Android Pay
- LG announces the V20, a phone squarely targeted at audiophiles
- When will your phone get Android Nougat?
- Report: Nexus home button animation and 'night light' option appear amid a batch of leaks
- Samsung officially announces the Galaxy Note 7 and a refreshed GearVR
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- CCLinux EngineerVIC
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Infrastructure/JAVA) 160901/SA/486Asia
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCFinance Analyst (Junior)VIC
- CCSolution Architect, Funds Management, Part time roleNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- CCContract Senior Web Developer (PHP/Drupal/JAVA) 160808/SWD/vtdAsia
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW