Hewlett-Packard Australia Photosmart 3310 All-in-One
- Good all around printing
- No CD/DVD printing
We like the photo quality of this unit’s output as well as its speed, versatility and connectivity options. The only thing missing is the ability to print directly onto CDs and DVDs.
Price$ 549.00 (AUD)
HP's Photosmart 3310 all-in-one device is a well-rounded imaging solution for the home - it can print, scan, copy and fax documents and it's very easy to use. Even if you don't have a PC you can use the 3310 as a stand-alone fax and copy machine and you can also print images directly from a digital camera or memory card.
Significantly, this model has six individual ink cartridges for printing photos, which are located just under the front-panel of the unit. The cartridges supply ink to the print head through tubes. These cartridges are easy to install and cost $14 each, except for the black and magenta ones, which cost $29 and $15 respectively. How long these last will depend on the type and frequency of your printing as well as the print size.
In our tests, borderless photo prints in "Best" quality mode looked vivid and crisp and they came out quickly: a 6x4 borderless print took 1min 50sec, while an A4 borderless print took 3min 9sec. An A4-sized scan at 300dpi with the "Descreen" filter turned on (to remove moire patterning) took only 40sec. The colour accuracy and detail level of the scan was very good. The 3310 will only handle one function at a time, so you can't print and scan simultaneously.
A 2.5in screen lets you view pictures directly from a memory card, as well as view and edit a document's layout before copying it. The screen will even let you print off single frames from captured videos.
The 3310 comes with Ethernet and Wi-Fi. We had no problem printing through our 802.11g network, which the printer detected straight away.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Latest News Articles
- How 4D printing is now saving lives
- 3D printing industry to triple in four years to $21B
- Disney files patent for near instantaneous 3D printing
- Never run out of printer ink with HP Instant Ink
- HP to launch 3D printers this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT