Hewlett-Packard Australia Officejet 6210
- Straightforward operation, low purchase price
- No memory card reader, inadequate paper capacity
HP Officejet 6210 All-in-One is a compelling printer for a demanding home, however inadequate paper capacity will lessen its appeal for a business market.
Price$ 399.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
- Li-Ion Battery for Hewlett Packard Mini 210 Ser... 68.99
While lasers are an obvious choice for high-volume printing because of the lower cost of operation, most homes - and a number of small businesses - look to ink purely for the ability to print in colour.
HP's Officejet 6210 All-in-One combines a fax, printer, copier and scanner into a single 45 x 39 x 24cm device. The unit is pitched at a small business or demanding homes and includes a 33Kbps fax modem, A4 flatbed scanner, and an automatic document feeder. The Officejet relies on two separate tanks to store ink (one black, and one tricolour cartridge). The use of two ink tanks greatly simplifies maintenance, however it's also inefficient, as you have to throw away the colour cartridge as soon as one of the three pigments runs dry.
The packaging includes all you need to get up and running, and there's even a photo paper storage bag to help protect unused paper over time. The unit ships with drivers to handle every version of Windows from 98SE onwards, and the Mac platform is supported from release 10.1.5. HP-branded software is bundled for both operating systems to cover the gamut of the Officejet's functions, but we found the applications complicated and slow.
The silver front panel is well laid out, and buttons to control each function are clearly separated and labeled. The fax and copy settings take up the majority of the front panel with a small LCD display providing adequate feedback. The machine includes a USB connector to interface with a computer, and is a USB PictBridge port on the front for a direct connection with a digital camera. There's no memory card reader, though.
In testing, the 1200 x 2400dpi flatbed scanner produces clear, sharp scans with accurate colour reproduction and deep flesh tones, and the output quality of the bundled 1200dpi tricolour cartridge was impressive. HP also offers an optional 6-colour cartridge for those looking for photorealistic prints. Black-and-white draft mode saw the printer printing at around 19 pages per minute, but the speed dropped to less than two pages per minute for colour at the highest quality setting.
The 6210 includes capacity to store a hundred fax pages in memory, but unfortunately the 100-sheet input capacity could prove inadequate for small businesses, and a 50-sheet output tray will need constant monitoring in a busy environment.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How 4D printing is now saving lives
- 3D printing industry to triple in four years to $21B
- Disney files patent for near instantaneous 3D printing
- Never run out of printer ink with HP Instant Ink
- HP to launch 3D printers this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCScrum MasterACT
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC