Hewlett-Packard Australia Laserjet 3015
- Simple, effective operation
- No flatbed scanner, poor scanning quality
The LaserJet 3015 is a capable entry-level multifunction laser device for a small business or demanding home. HP has cut a few corners to save cost and desk space, but this won’t be an issue unless you need to scan books or magazines.
Price$ 499.00 (AUD)
All-in-one or multifunction laser printers are an ideal choice for businesses looking to consolidate hardware purchases or even for homes with school or university students. The HP LaserJet 3015 All-in-One offers a blend of functions for a small office, including printing, faxing, scanning and copying, all rolled into a single device.
The gray and silver LaserJet 3015 stands 45cm tall, with an input paper tray sitting at the bottom beneath the output tray and a well laid out control panel with small screen on the top of the unit. There's no card reader, but this device is primarily aimed at a business market with little use for bells and whistles.
The LaserJet is designed to save office space and offers a small footprint of only 47 x 43 cm. HP has packed a lot of technology into the 3015's 10kg chassis. The input tray has room to store 150 A4 sheets and 10 envelopes, while the output tray can deal with 125 sheets and 15 envelopes. The scanner operates at an optical resolution of 600 x 600dpi, while the print engine can handle up to 600dpi (1200dpi optimized) using HP's photoRET technology. HP PCL 6, HP PCL 5e, and PostScript level 2 emulation are all included as standard, and the machine ships with 32 MB of RAM for handling print jobs. It also has the capacity to store up to 110 fax pages in memory, which can be handy if the device runs out of paper overnight or over a holiday.
One potential issue we found with the LaserJet 3015 is the use of an automatic document feeder to load pages into the scanner. It means that you can't use the device to photocopy pages from books or magazines, but it helps keep the cost and physical size of the machine in check.
The LaserJet 3015 is compatible with all versions of Windows from 98SE onwards and Mac OS 9.1 through 10.2. Included in the package is a rich list of software applications to cover scanning, faxing, optical character recognition (OCR), and setup and maintenance tools. In our testing, we recorded a print speed of 14 pages per minute in draft mode after a warmup period of 10 to 12 seconds. Black-and-white copies are reduced to 256 shades of grey, but this is generally no problem for office documents.
The LaserJet 3015 All-in-One is a solid, capable do it all machine suited to either a demanding home or small business, and HP backs it up with a one-year warranty. The scanner has its own limitations, but this shouldn't be too much of an issue unless you need to duplicate pages from magazines or textbooks.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
- 3D printer owners rate the best 14 machines
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTIT Security RolesACT
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerNSW
- CCPMO Analyst - Telco - MelbourneVIC
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSystems Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTMarket Data Analyst, Investment BankingNSW
- FTTest Analyst - HCMSNSW
- FTProduct Manager - IoTNSW
- TPIT Business AnalystNSW
- FTFunctional Security Test Analyst | OWASPVIC
- FTProject Coordinator ($280-$300 per day)NSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCSenior Security AnalystsACT
- FTSenior Digital Business Analyst, AGILE, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistTAS
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsVIC
- FTSpatial technical officerACT
- FTPayroll Systems AnalystQLD
- FTGraduate Application Support Analyst -SMSF SoftwareNSW
- FTSalesforce Project LeadQLD
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Software Developer (C#.Net and VB.Net)SA
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW