GoToMyPC GoToMyPC remote access software
With its slightly unfriendly user interface, GoToMyPC is best for those that wish to work remotely but don't need to share files with others. The service is useful for remote troubleshooting.
Price$ 179.40 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
GoToMyPC is just as easy to use as LogMeIn and marginally more secure. To set up you simply download the software and create an account with a username and password.
However, GoToMyPC also requires an access code to be assigned to each system to provide an extra layer of security. The software lacks LogMeIn's clear interface but, once we'd entered the access code, the target PC's desktop was immediately visible.
The service then works in the same way as LogMeIn, allowing you to open and edit documents and launch any program on the remote PC. Files can be transferred to and from either PC at the click of a button, although we found the drag-and-drop method to work equally well.
Transferring an 18MB file between PCs took slightly longer than LogMeIn: seven minutes. But the ability to use both PCs while GoToMyPC session is in progress impressed us. A chat function lets you interact between the two systems, which should be useful for situations when you're using the service to sort out others' PC problems.
Unlike LogMeIn, GoToMyPC doesn't enable you to securely share files with others. However, a dedicated option allows you to print documents stored on the target PC through a device connected to the local system; it's also possible to listen to music and system sounds through the local PC.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Latest News Articles
- What Microsoft is taking away from Windows 10 in the Anniversary Update
- PowerDVD 16 gains 360-degree video playback: Here's how it works
- Microsoft will miss its one billion Windows 10 device target
- Google is working to make every website viewable in VR
- Twitter's new stickers are more useful than Snapchat
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCSenior Advisor, Web and Social Media Channels- SEO & AnalyticsNSW
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCSenior Embedded Software EngineerWA
- CCSenior Digital BA (iOS / Android)NSW
- CCPortfolio Delivery ManagerACT
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCDelivery Manager - Change & RleaseACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW
- CCPMO Project AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Systems Integration Engineer (HIB)SA
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW