Google Nexus One smartphone
In addition to its 1GHz processor and OLED display, the Google Nexus One sports a multicolour trackball, light and proximity sensors, and a 5-megapixel camera
- Android 2.1, OLED screen, 1GHz CPU
- Early adopters experiencing some teething issues
Google Android 2.1 represents a step forward for Google's already impressive operating system, and the Google Nexus One seems like the ideal handset to show off the new OS's skills. But early adopters have reported teething troubles, so it may be worth waiting a few months before upgrading to the Nexus One.
The Google Nexus One sports a stunning 480x800 OLED screen that displays Android 2.1's 3D graphics beautifully.
The retooled Apps menu in Android 2.1 lets you scroll through your apps with a fingertip - a flourish that rivals the iPhone's interface for slickness.
The Google Nexus One is the latest in a growing line of Google Android phones, though it is the first to offer Android 2.1. Other phones, including the HTC Droid Eris and the Motorola Droid, will feature Android 2.1 in the near future.
According to Google, the Google Nexus One is as thick as a pencil, and weighs as much as a keychain Swiss Army knife.
In addition to its 1GHz processor and 480x800 OLED display, the Google Nexus One sports a multicolour trackball that serves as a notification device, light and proximity sensors, and a 5-megapixel camera with an LED flash.
Google's new Google Earth app for Android 2.1 includes the ability swipe your way through 3D landscapes. The display updates quickly and the graphics are richly detailed.
The Google Nexus One's 5-megapixel camera is mounted on the back of the device. The phone includes a 3.5mm stereo jack and supports stereo audio via Bluetooth as well. In addition, customers can customize their phone with personalized engraving on the rear bezel.
Voice control is now integrated into all facets of Android 2.1. So you can do a voice search for a destination, and the GPS will automatically guide you to it.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Huawei female watch review: Bringing out your inner fashionista
- 4 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 5 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Blackberry announces DETK50, a secure US$299 Android phone
- Samsung files artificial muscle patent for use in flexible smartphones
- The affordable new Moto E grows in size, but not price
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 821 is now the company's fastest mobile chip
- Snapchat launches Memories so you can save and search for past stories
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- FTCisco IP Telephony EngineerNSW
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- FTSAP Basis ConsultantVIC
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst with Product Management experienceVIC
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia