Google Nexus One smartphone
In addition to its 1GHz processor and OLED display, the Google Nexus One sports a multicolour trackball, light and proximity sensors, and a 5-megapixel camera
- Android 2.1, OLED screen, 1GHz CPU
- Early adopters experiencing some teething issues
Google Android 2.1 represents a step forward for Google's already impressive operating system, and the Google Nexus One seems like the ideal handset to show off the new OS's skills. But early adopters have reported teething troubles, so it may be worth waiting a few months before upgrading to the Nexus One.
The Google Nexus One sports a stunning 480x800 OLED screen that displays Android 2.1's 3D graphics beautifully.
The retooled Apps menu in Android 2.1 lets you scroll through your apps with a fingertip - a flourish that rivals the iPhone's interface for slickness.
The Google Nexus One is the latest in a growing line of Google Android phones, though it is the first to offer Android 2.1. Other phones, including the HTC Droid Eris and the Motorola Droid, will feature Android 2.1 in the near future.
According to Google, the Google Nexus One is as thick as a pencil, and weighs as much as a keychain Swiss Army knife.
In addition to its 1GHz processor and 480x800 OLED display, the Google Nexus One sports a multicolour trackball that serves as a notification device, light and proximity sensors, and a 5-megapixel camera with an LED flash.
Google's new Google Earth app for Android 2.1 includes the ability swipe your way through 3D landscapes. The display updates quickly and the graphics are richly detailed.
The Google Nexus One's 5-megapixel camera is mounted on the back of the device. The phone includes a 3.5mm stereo jack and supports stereo audio via Bluetooth as well. In addition, customers can customize their phone with personalized engraving on the rear bezel.
Voice control is now integrated into all facets of Android 2.1. So you can do a voice search for a destination, and the GPS will automatically guide you to it.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Latest News Articles
- Apple wins China patent battle over iPhone 6 design
- Samsung unveils Bixby voice assistant for upcoming Galaxy S8
- BlackBerry readies a more secure version of the Samsung Galaxy S7
- Android device updates: Nougat rollout begins for the Moto Z Play
- Android device updates: Nougat is coming to the Moto G4, G4 Plus
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Subaru XV 2017 review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperVIC
- CCPeoplesoft ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior .Net Developer (Silverlight)VIC
- TPAnalyst Programmer (.Net)SA
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTJunior Applications SupportACT
- CCLead SAP SRM DeveloperACT
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCBusiness Solutions AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistVIC
- CCInside Sales ConsultantNSW
- CCCloud Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCCloud Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager | April 2017 - July 2018QLD
- CCSAP FICO Support AnalystWA
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTProcess Documentation AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerQLD
- FTSAP Logistics ConsultantNSW
- FTL&D ConsultantVIC
- FTImplementation LeadVIC
- FTNetwork Solution ArchitectVIC