Glide OS Glide Present 2.0
- It's free for up to four users with up to 2GB of storage, works on Windows, Mac and Linux
- Slow page load times, cluttered interface
The simplicity, interactivity, and unlimited free storage of Google Docs' presentation component will appeal to many people, but for power users it falls short. By comparison, Glide Present 2.0 has covered all the bases with a compelling Web-based offering that could emerge as a true replacement for Microsoft PowerPoint.
Transmedia's Glide Present 2.0 has overtaken Google's presentation software as our favourite Web-based alternative to Microsoft's PowerPoint.
Glide Present 2.0 from Transmedia outclasses Google's offering in more ways than one. Though the interface is a tad cluttered and page loads can sometimes be slow, Glide Present 2.0 lives in a collaborative ecosystem (called Glide OS 2.0) that matches Google's. TransMedia claims that Glide OS is the first online operating system.
You can invite others to view and collaborate on your presentations via e-mail, over instant messaging, and from your contact list. Unlike Google, which only lets you share your work with other Google users, Glide has no such limitations.
To use Glide is free for up to four users with up to 2GB of storage. For $US4.95 a month -- or $US49.95 a year -- you can sign up for Glide Premium. This package is for up to 24 users with up to 10GB of storage. Further storage costs $US4.95 a month ($US49.95 a year) for each unit of 10GB. There's reasonably swift registration process, and then you're in.
The Glide Presenter application opens in a full-screen browser window (Adobe's Flash Player is required) and features clearly marked menu items across the top. From the main screen, you can add slides with a click and import videos from the management system, which Glide hosts.
Unlike Google's presentation app, Glide Present 2.0 lets you upload multiple images or audio/video files at once, and large media files can stream within presentations, even on low-bandwidth mobile devices.
Whereas Google enables only text and images in presentations and offers no support for exporting presentations to other formats, Glide Present 2.0 lets you save and serve presentations on a variety of platforms (Windows, Mac and Linux machines are supported), as well as save and convert presentations to PowerPoint format or PDF. In our tests, a Glide-created presentation converted to PDF without a glitch
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft fleshes out seismic change to Windows patching
- Where's the bottom for Microsoft's Internet Explorer?
- ICANN transition moves forward, despite last-minute attempt to block it
- PSA: Windows 10's Anniversary Update reactivates ads you've already disabled
- Analysts laud and lance new Microsoft browser armor
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCTest EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence - DeveloperACT
- CCSoftware DeveloperWA
- FTImplementation Consultant SydneyNSW
- CCQA Test Lead- Digital, Mobile, UX, AGILE, CloudNSW
- FTMigration Release ManagerACT
- CCApplication Performance Test Lead/ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Full Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- FTProgram SchedulerNSW
- FTMid-Senior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - SchedulingVIC
- CCTivoli Access Manager DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Change ManagerNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- FTInsights AnalystNSW
- PTService Management AnalystSA
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- FTMULTIPLE PERM PROJECT MANAGERSACT
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- FTCommercial Contracts Manager - DefenceSA