First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Gigabyte Radeon X700 Pro (GV-RX70P256V)
- Quiet, beats most of the competition in benchmarks
- Passive cooling
A good choice for someone wanting a silent PC that can still game well on a budget.
Price$ 399.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 5 stores)
Based on the X700 Pro chipset and with 256MB of GDDR3 memory installed, the default clock speed of the Gigabyte GV-RX70P256V is 427MHz, with its memory running at 866MHz. A utility for managing the clock speeds, called V-tuner2, is supplied with the card, but due to the card's passive cooling system it is not recommended that you run this card any faster. It can be used to slow the card down, however.
The passive cooling system employs two large heat sinks connected by a heat pipe to cool the GPU. Users looking to build a silent PC will appreciate the zero decibel level of this card, but an efficient exhaust fan should be installed in your system to move the hot air that it generates.
Our tests of the card produced mixed results. It wasn't the fastest card we've tested in Doom 3, but in Unreal Tournament 2003 it performed very well.
Installation proved to be a painless operation. Its bundled software includes the full version of several games. Connectivity includes a DVI port and S-Video TV-out functionality, as well as component output, which allows for connections to high-definition TV and projector units.
Latest News Articles
- BenQ in talks with Australian telcos following Kogan smartphone partnership
- Until the Tails privacy tool is patched, here's how to stay safe
- Kogan and BenQ drive 4G smartphone pricing down with $229 Agora 4G
- LTE network for US public safety taking it one step at a time
- Phone unlocking bill clears US House, next step is president's signature
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 2 How to connect your iPhone to your TV
- 3 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 4 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 5 How to pick the right size TV for your living room
GGG Evaluation Team
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- PC Components View all »
- 9% off $447 free shipping
- $110.95 free shipping
- $1243.95 free shipping
- 9% off $591 free shipping
- Desktop PCs View all »
- Notebooks View all »
- Servers & Storage View all »
- Software and Services View all »