Gigabyte Radeon X700 Pro (GV-RX70P256V)
- Quiet, beats most of the competition in benchmarks
- Passive cooling
A good choice for someone wanting a silent PC that can still game well on a budget.
Price$ 399.00 (AUD)
Based on the X700 Pro chipset and with 256MB of GDDR3 memory installed, the default clock speed of the Gigabyte GV-RX70P256V is 427MHz, with its memory running at 866MHz. A utility for managing the clock speeds, called V-tuner2, is supplied with the card, but due to the card's passive cooling system it is not recommended that you run this card any faster. It can be used to slow the card down, however.
The passive cooling system employs two large heat sinks connected by a heat pipe to cool the GPU. Users looking to build a silent PC will appreciate the zero decibel level of this card, but an efficient exhaust fan should be installed in your system to move the hot air that it generates.
Our tests of the card produced mixed results. It wasn't the fastest card we've tested in Doom 3, but in Unreal Tournament 2003 it performed very well.
Installation proved to be a painless operation. Its bundled software includes the full version of several games. Connectivity includes a DVI port and S-Video TV-out functionality, as well as component output, which allows for connections to high-definition TV and projector units.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti can give prebuilt PCs a big gaming boost
- Tested: Shadow Warrior 2 sees huge performance boosts from Nvidia's multi-res shading
- AMD quietly scuttles Gaming Evolved, the Radeon rival to GeForce Experience
- Why AMD FreeSync is beating Nvidia G-Sync on monitor selection and price
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTProject Manager - Intelligent Transport SolutionsNSW
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- FTSolutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Markets and ProductsNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCICT Business AnalystACT
- CCOracle Functional Consultant | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (JAVA/Oracle) 161012/SSA/623Asia
- CCSenior Full Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 161018/P/911Asia
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- CCProgram ManagerACT
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW