First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Gigabyte GeForce 6800 GT VPU (GV-N68T256DH)
- Great cooling system, good value for money
- Poor software bundle
A powerful AGP card to tide people over till the move to PCI Express becomes compulsory.
Price$ 595.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 5 stores)
This card impressed us on two fronts. Its cooling system is among the first we have seen to have its fan located on the top side of the card instead of directly on the GPU itself. It sits on a huge heat sink, which means there are two large heat sinks on this card, and the top-side heat sink is connected to the main GPU heat sink via heat pipes. These heat sinks also cool the memory at the same time. This arrangement does mean that the cooling fan is prone to hot air from CPU and chipset fans blowing in its direction, so a proper exhaust at the rear of your system should be in place.
The second impressive feature of this card is its price tag. This card should be snapped up by anyone looking for a high-end card to fit into an AGP 8X system. It means you will not have to upgrade to PCIe for at least a few years.
Its GeForce 6800GT chip propelled it to very good frame rates, with Doom 3's most taxing settings switched on.
Don't expect too much bundled software. Apart from the V-tuner2 fan and clock management utility, you only get a software DVD player and no games.
Latest News Articles
- BenQ in talks with Australian telcos following Kogan smartphone partnership
- Until the Tails privacy tool is patched, here's how to stay safe
- Kogan and BenQ drive 4G smartphone pricing down with $229 Agora 4G
- LTE network for US public safety taking it one step at a time
- Phone unlocking bill clears US House, next step is president's signature
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 2 How to connect your iPhone to your TV
- 3 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 4 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 5 How to pick the right size TV for your living room
GGG Evaluation Team
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- PC Components View all »
- 4% off $2099 free shipping
- 30% off $69.95
- 32% off $59.95
- $65 free shipping
- $1243.95 free shipping
- Desktop PCs View all »
- Notebooks View all »
- Servers & Storage View all »
- Software and Services View all »