Fujitsu Australia Lifebook P1510
- Really small
An ultralight tablet PC that is a little weak on character recognition, and too high on price.
Price$ 2,999.00 (AUD)
The Fujitsu Pinion is a lightweight tablet weighing a slight 1kg. With a footprint of 21x15x3cm, it is extremely portable, although it does look a little bit chunky. The screen can swivel 180 degrees and be used as a tablet in a vertical or horizontal configuration. However, when it is being used in tablet mode, you are relying on Fujitsu's own tablet software rather than Microsoft's Windows tablet software, which unfortunately is not integrated as well as it could be.
The optical character recognition (OCR) could be better. The software as mentioned above is Fujitsu's although it does allow you to scribble comments on Word documents that are viewable on other computers. Even though the handwriting recognition was weak, there is an onscreen keyboard and a real keyboard that takes up the full width of the notebook.
In case of theft or loss - the security of your data is paramount - Fujitsu has embedded a finger scanner in the side of the monitor. This allows for a single sign on, even when in tablet mode, and it can also be used to access encrypted files.
It is an average performer for its size, posting 4242 in 3DMark 2005SE, and 78 in PC WorldBench 5. The battery life was mediocre, running for 110 minutes in the worst-case scenario. The major drawback is that it has no optical drive; essentially, this cripples the Pinion, meaning you are relying on USB 2.0, or the CompactFlash slot
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Latest News Articles
- Razer's revamped Blade Pro laptop marries a GeForce GTX 1080 with 4K G-Sync
- Tobii's new eye tracker adds head tracking with an emphasis on PC games
- Apple to announce new Macs at a special event October 27
- HP Omen 17 review: Great gaming performance at a great price
- Acer's swanky Swift 7 launches as the thinnest laptop ever
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCCisco Wi-Fi Network Engineer - SurveyorNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantTAS
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- FTSenior Commercial and Bid ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/J2EE) 161025/AP/862Asia
- CCPMO Program CoordinatorNSW
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- FTSoftware Developers - .Net 4.6NSW
- FTDigital DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Markets and ProductsNSW
- CCQlikview DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Capacity PlannerVIC
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW