Fujifilm FinePix A350
- It's cheap
- Feels quite flimsy, lack of features
An incredibly cheap but basic camera. It is worth paying extra to buy something better quality with more options.
Price$ 299.00 (AUD)
There is little to say about the FinePix A350 because it really has little to offer. It is a cheap 5 megapixel model, but it offers nothing to distinguish itself from its competitors.
It is advertised as a sturdily-built camera, yet we weren't particularly impressed with the construction. It felt heavy, which gives the impression of solidness, but the plastic body itself felt quite flimsy. Some of the buttons are badly positioned and felt stiff and unresponsive. We also had a lot of problems opening the battery case, which proved to be very irritating. Overall, the camera's build left a lot to be desired.
The feature set was also very weak. The camera offers a total of four shooting modes, which pale in comparison to the 15+ offered by other models. The manual control options are limited to the very basics: exposure and white balance. There are no advanced features such as automatic exposure bracketing or continuous shot functions; in fact, there is no function wheel at all.
The picture quality of the A350 is probably its best feature, but even that comes up lacking. The images look reasonable, but have a grainy texture and feel a little flat. They also suffer noticeable blurring around the edges. The lag between taking shots during our testing was roughly 3 seconds, which is longer than average.
It is powered by two AA batteries. This is handy for long trips away from civilisation (you can purchase multiple sets of batteries), but they are inferior to lithium ion batteries for recharging.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 2 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 3 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 4 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 5 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Sony α7S II aimed film-makers and low light photographers
- Canon goes big on resolution with 250-megapixel sensor
- Hey, Saturn, take a selfie! World's biggest digital camera will photograph the universe
- GoPro Hero4 Session: half the size, waterproof to 10 metres
- Sony wants to bring 4K video capabilities to more digital cameras
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- CCWeb / Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTDigital ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW