Fuji Xerox DocuPrint M205b multifunction LED printer
Fuji Xerox DocuPrint M205b review: A multifunction mono laser printer that's cheap and great for paper-heavy businesses
- High duty cycle and toner yield figures, low price (which includes a full toner cartridge)
- Only 150 sheets of paper input, initial page of a document prints slowly, scanner is only good for documents
The Fuji Xerox DocuPrint M205b is a multifunction mono LED printer that is excellent for producing large volumes of documents every month. Its paper input is a little small and the first page takes a short while to print, but otherwise it's a business printer that's built to a high standard.
Price$ 198.99 (AUD)
The Fuji Xerox DocuPrint M205b is a multifunction LED printer with a 20,000 page per month duty cycle and toner cartridges that last for 1000 A4 sheets. It's cheap and it includes scanning and copying capabilities, making it attractive for small businesses that need to digitise or duplicate documents.
Don't know which printer to buy? Use our printer finder wizard to pick the right model.
Learn how to pick the best printer for your home or business with our printer buying guide.
Fuji Xerox DocuPrint M205b: Design and specifications
The Fuji Xerox DocuPrint M205b has a front-loading paper cartridge that holds 150 sheets and a 100-sheet output tray. These figures are a little low for the DocuPrint M205b's intended use as a business printer, but as long as you've got extra paper close to hand it shouldn't be a problem. The printer's 20,000 page per month duty cycle means it'll be able to handle small and medium businesses' needs with ease.
Fuji Xerox DocuPrint M205b: Print speed, print quality, performance and toner yield
The Fuji Xerox DocuPrint M205b strengths are its speedy document printing and its high toner yields. The first page of a document takes an unimpressive eight seconds to print, but subsequent pages are printed quickly — we had no problems achieving Fuji Xerox's quoted speed of 24 pages per minute in Normal quality settings.
When using Normal quality settings, the Fuji Xerox DocuPrint M205b prints text clearly and with no visible fuzziness on edges. We printed down to 6pt text sizes with words still easily legible, while the edges of graphics and charts were straight and even.
The standard toner cartridge of the Fuji Xerox DocuPrint M205b is rated for 1000 A4 monochrome pages. This $59 cartridge has an ongoing running cost of 5.9 cents per page, but the $95 high yield cartridge lasts for 2200 prints — 4.3 cents per page. These prices are reasonably low for a $199 printer but not competitive with larger and more initially expensive laser printers.
The inbuilt flatbed scanner on the DocuPrint M205b is a 1200x1200dpi unit that's quick and quiet. It's not especially good for extracting fine image detail from photos but documents are captured quickly and at sufficient quality for OCR.
Fuji Xerox DocuPrint M205b: Conclusion
The Fuji Xerox DocuPrint M205b is a cheap LED printer that's got good printing credentials — it's superior to a similarly priced inkjet like the Brother MFC-J415W in terms of its duty cycle, cartridge yields and print quality.
Become a fan of PC World Australia on Facebook
Follow PC World Australia on Twitter: @PCWorldAu
Stay up to date with the latest news, reviews and features. Sign up to PC World’s newsletters
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
- How 4D printing is now saving lives
- 3D printing industry to triple in four years to $21B
- Disney files patent for near instantaneous 3D printing
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- TPDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTHead of ApplicationsVIC
- CCUser ResearcherNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCSAP Consultant - SAP Native HANA to DesignWA
- CCMarketing SpecialistNSW
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXWA
- CCSenior Automation TesterQLD
- FTSenior Software EngineerVIC
- FTOnline Solutions AnalystNSW
- CCTelecommunication Operations SpecialistTAS
- TPPHP DeveloperVIC
- CCCommercial Contract AdministratorNSW
- TPProject ManagerOther
- CCUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCStorage System EngineerNSW
- FTSolution Designer l Microsoft SMENSW
- FTSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCData Engineer (SQL/Big Data/Scala)VIC
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorWA
- FTSoftware DeveloperVIC
- FTApplications DeveloperACT