Fuji Xerox Australia DocuPrint C3300DX
A fast Fuji Xerox colour laser printer with automatic duplex and a reasonable price.
- Automatic duplex, fast, 1200x1200dpi print resolution
- Some colour mis-registration, hard drive is optional
Fuji Xerox's latest colour laser printer offers automatic duplex and a 1200x1200dpi print resolution. This standalone printer is a decent option and produces good quality printouts, but beware of some issues when printing colour.
Price$ 1,649.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 3 stores)
- Docuprint C3055dx Laser Printer - Colour - 9 1870.00
- DocuPrint C3055DX Laser Printer (Avail: In Stock) 2406.68
The Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C3300DX colour laser printer offers decent performance at a reasonable price. Colour in documents sometimes suffers from inconsistencies, but its print speed, network capabilities and automatic duplex unit make it a big leap over its cheaper counterpart, the Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C2200.
The Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C3300DX is quite tall for a standalone colour laser printer. It is quick and easy to the access the vertically aligned toners through a front door panel, but the control panel and LCD display are at the top of the printer. This can be annoying if it is sitting on a desk.
The Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C3300DX can handle up to 700 A4 pages at a time through a paper cassette and multipurpose bypass tray, with an optional extra tray adding a further 550 sheets. This is complemented by a maximum duty monthly cycle of 70,000 pages, which means you will be able to conduct medium to high volume printing.
The printer's USB 2.0 and Ethernet connections can be connected simultaneously. The most commendable feature, however, is the inclusion of automatic duplex, which allows double-sided printing. Unfortunately, a 40GB hard drive is an optional extra. This means that to use the Secure Print function you will have to shell out more money.
Unlike many networked printers, you don't need to print a report to find out the IP address. The Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C3300DX displays the IP address on the LCD panel (though unfortunately this option is buried in a mound of other network-related options).
Once accessed, the Web-based interface of the DocuPrint C3300DX offers basic monitoring and workgroup administration options. You can also alter e-mail notifications and security settings (it supports both IP filtering and 802.1X authentication).
Fuji Xerox has bumped up print speeds slightly from the DocuPrint C2200, claiming that the DocuPrint C3300DX colour laser printer is capable of 30 pages per minute. In real-world testing this proved largely accurate. The DocuPrint C3300DX was able to print out the first page of a mono document in 12 seconds and we achieved an average rate of 31ppm when printing at 600x600dpi. Using the High Resolution setting, which prints at a 1200x1200dpi resolution during two passes, the printer’s speed halved to 15ppm.
Colour document print speeds are similar: 31ppm when using standard quality, though the first page took 15.2sec to come out. When using the High Resolution quality setting, the speed slowed to an average of 13.4ppm; this seemed to be caused by continual recalibration during printing.
The 1200x1200dpi resolution may slow printing but it improves results noticeably. Mono documents are bolder and easier to read, while colours in graphics and documents appear much more solid than when printing at 600dpi. Nevertheless, there are still some questionable aspects about the DocuPrint C3300DX's output.
Colours can be dull and are often inaccurate unless you experiment with the available colour balance profiles. Even then, there is still a noticeable amount of colour mis-registration when combined with text, causing white shadows on text characters. For producing professional documents, the DocuPrint C3300DX should serve well, though some experimentation may be required.
The inclusion of automatic duplexing along with decent print speeds and high print resolution make the Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C3300DX colour laser printer a decent buy for the networked office.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 3 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 4 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
- 5 Bowers & Wilkins P5 (Series 2) review: For elegant sound
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Why is Microsoft updating Windows PCs for a security bug on the server?
- Prices for 4K monitors sink below $500
- Apple's $450 million e-books settlement gets final approval
- Reports: EU taking first step towards breaking up Google
- US man sentenced for hacking POS systems at Subway
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC