Fuji Xerox Australia DocuPrint C2200
A durable Fuji Xerox colour laser printer that delivers good results.
- Fast, reasonable running costs, good print quality
- Automatic duplex and hard drive are optional, no half-toning option for text printing
The Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C2200 is a capable and fast colour laser printer that delivers good results. We would have liked some of the optional extras to be included as standard, however.
Price$ 1,208.90 (AUD)
Fuji Xerox's DocuPrint C2200 colour laser printer offers better print speeds and quality compared to low-end colour lasers, but its price we would have liked to see some more features included as standard.
The Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C2200 is quite tall, as its four toners are aligned vertically rather than the horizontally like the HP Colour LaserJet CP2025dn. This isn't unusual for a colour laser printer, and it makes the toners easily accessible. With high capacity yields reaching to 9000 pages each you won't have to change them too often, however. You should expect a running cost of around 19.3c per A4 page during normal use.
The printer offers USB and Ethernet connectivity and can hold up to 400 sheets in a front paper cassette and multi-purpose fold-out tray. Other worthwhile features are optional, however. These include an automatic duplex unit, increased paper capacity, a 40GB hard disk and a 512MB memory upgrade (for a total of 768MB). With these options added, this colour laser printer becomes more functional but much more expensive.
The Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C2200 has a two-line monochrome LCD panel and a four-button navigation pad. Like many networked laser printers, obtaining information about network settings requires you to print out a report.
Fuji Xerox quotes a monthly duty cycle of 70,000 pages for the DocuPrint C2200, which is high enough to meet the needs of medium-sized businesses. Its security is also commendable, with a Secure Print function accessible both locally and when the laser printer is networked. A Web interface provides is best means of administering the printer, and it offers access to more security options such as 802.1X authentication, IP filtering and SSL. The DocuPrint C2200 can also provide e-mail notifications.
The DocuPrint C2200 colour laser printer performed capably in our tests, with print speeds remaining at a consistent 26 pages per minute. The first page of mono documents came out in 11.5sec, compared to 14.4sec for colour documents.
Print quality is very good for the most part. The DocuPrint C2200 laser printer has a half-toning option for colour printing, but this isn't available for mono documents. Nevertheless, text is accurate at all font sizes and proved particularly crisp at 7pt.
Colour adjustment options are quite comprehensive, with the ability to choose from various colour presets on both a hardware and software level. Not all of these presets improve print quality, and we found many often led to misalignment of colour backgrounds and overlayed text; some experimentation will allow you to choose the best option for your needs. At its best, the Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C2200 produces vivid colours. The comparatively low 600x600dpi resolution can have a noticeable effect on some colours, with green in particular showing this effect. Though it won't suit photo printing, the laser printer will produce good quality professional colour documents.
If you need a durable colour laser printer with decent security and good print quality, the Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C2200 is a viable option, but it would be nice if some of the optional extras were included as standard.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Latest News Articles
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
- How 4D printing is now saving lives
- 3D printing industry to triple in four years to $21B
- Disney files patent for near instantaneous 3D printing
- Never run out of printer ink with HP Instant Ink
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTJunior Network Engineer (Juniper certified)SA
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudACT
- CCTechnical Change Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringSA
- FTPaid Search SpecialistNSW
- FTIT Systems AnalystVIC
- TPSenior UI Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTJunior / Trainee Storage AdministratorNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- TPSharePoint ConsultantACT
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Information ManagementVIC
- CCFacilities Coordinator - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCData Surveyor, Data Analyst, Electrical backgroundNSW
- CCUser Interface(UI) DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTCommercial Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationOther
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT