Fuji Xerox Australia DocuPrint C2200
A durable Fuji Xerox colour laser printer that delivers good results.
- Fast, reasonable running costs, good print quality
- Automatic duplex and hard drive are optional, no half-toning option for text printing
The Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C2200 is a capable and fast colour laser printer that delivers good results. We would have liked some of the optional extras to be included as standard, however.
Price$ 1,208.90 (AUD)
Fuji Xerox's DocuPrint C2200 colour laser printer offers better print speeds and quality compared to low-end colour lasers, but its price we would have liked to see some more features included as standard.
The Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C2200 is quite tall, as its four toners are aligned vertically rather than the horizontally like the HP Colour LaserJet CP2025dn. This isn't unusual for a colour laser printer, and it makes the toners easily accessible. With high capacity yields reaching to 9000 pages each you won't have to change them too often, however. You should expect a running cost of around 19.3c per A4 page during normal use.
The printer offers USB and Ethernet connectivity and can hold up to 400 sheets in a front paper cassette and multi-purpose fold-out tray. Other worthwhile features are optional, however. These include an automatic duplex unit, increased paper capacity, a 40GB hard disk and a 512MB memory upgrade (for a total of 768MB). With these options added, this colour laser printer becomes more functional but much more expensive.
The Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C2200 has a two-line monochrome LCD panel and a four-button navigation pad. Like many networked laser printers, obtaining information about network settings requires you to print out a report.
Fuji Xerox quotes a monthly duty cycle of 70,000 pages for the DocuPrint C2200, which is high enough to meet the needs of medium-sized businesses. Its security is also commendable, with a Secure Print function accessible both locally and when the laser printer is networked. A Web interface provides is best means of administering the printer, and it offers access to more security options such as 802.1X authentication, IP filtering and SSL. The DocuPrint C2200 can also provide e-mail notifications.
The DocuPrint C2200 colour laser printer performed capably in our tests, with print speeds remaining at a consistent 26 pages per minute. The first page of mono documents came out in 11.5sec, compared to 14.4sec for colour documents.
Print quality is very good for the most part. The DocuPrint C2200 laser printer has a half-toning option for colour printing, but this isn't available for mono documents. Nevertheless, text is accurate at all font sizes and proved particularly crisp at 7pt.
Colour adjustment options are quite comprehensive, with the ability to choose from various colour presets on both a hardware and software level. Not all of these presets improve print quality, and we found many often led to misalignment of colour backgrounds and overlayed text; some experimentation will allow you to choose the best option for your needs. At its best, the Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C2200 produces vivid colours. The comparatively low 600x600dpi resolution can have a noticeable effect on some colours, with green in particular showing this effect. Though it won't suit photo printing, the laser printer will produce good quality professional colour documents.
If you need a durable colour laser printer with decent security and good print quality, the Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C2200 is a viable option, but it would be nice if some of the optional extras were included as standard.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
- 3D printer owners rate the best 14 machines
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Mobile ApplicationsQLD
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- CCPerl Developer l Port Macquarie or QueanbeyanQLD
- FTBusiness Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - PegaNSW
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- CCPMO Analyst - Telco - MelbourneVIC
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectQLD
- TPProject Reporting DeveloperSA
- FTProduct Manager - Machine To MachineVIC
- FTOracle E-Business Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTICT Relationship Manager - Service Delivery EnvironmentNSW
- TPProgram Manager - 12 month contractQLD
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsNSW
- CCPerl Developer l Port Macquarie or QueanbeyanNSW
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- FTPMO - Master SchedulerVIC
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- TPAV Design SpecialistNSW
- FTContracts ManagerNSW