Fred ON HOLD
- Funky interesting idea
- Not very practical, poorly constructed
If you are someone who loves to look at the expression on peoples faces when you do something absolutely ridiculous, this is the handset for you.
Price$ 24.95 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 2 stores)
Journey into the wonderful world of Fred, a Wonka-like doyen of all things wacky, pointless, impractical, ridiculous, stylish and funny. Their latest offering is a ye olde mobile phone handset.
Remember the days of the brick phone? Remember even further back to a time without mobiles at all? If you do, and crave to revisit lost times, then slap on a pair of rose coloured glasses and check out the "On Hold", it's definitely right up your alley.
The "On Hold" handset is a replica of a normal everyday home telephone handset complete with a spiral cord. It connects via a mini-jack to your mobile phone and can be used as instead of talking directly into the handset. From a practical standpoint, it is the most ridiculous mobile phone accessory ever made but its so wacky crazy kooky that it is as funny as hell to use.
It is so very tempting to dress in a full suit complete with a top hat, tails and a monocle and use this phone on a crowded train We can just see it now, the bewilderment from other commuters and their failed attempts to contain their laughter.
On a serious note, the device is actually rather cheaply made and the sound quality isn't that good, but it's also very cheap so for a small outlay, you too could put our plan into action. The best thing about this accessory is that it works with a wide variety of phones. It comes with three adapters which allow it to work with most of the popular brands and there are many brands which don't require an adapter at all.
This is a silly product but one which amused us with its potential for pointless comedy. If you are interested in all things Fred check out their website here.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple could stick a Digital Crown on the iPhone
- Blackberry announces DETK50, a secure US$299 Android phone
- Samsung files artificial muscle patent for use in flexible smartphones
- The affordable new Moto E grows in size, but not price
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 821 is now the company's fastest mobile chip
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- CCPeoplsoft Technical SupportACT
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCEnterprise Data Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Citrix & VMWareNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- FTMobile DeveloperWA