F-Secure Online Backup
F-Secure Online Backup is a stable, easy-to-set-up backup solution along the lines of MozyPro and SpiderOak.
- Clean (albeit occasionally confusing) interface
- Many small issues
F-Secure Online Backup is well worth a look for anyone whose needs exceed the free 2GB accounts offered by several vendors.
Price$ 104.82 (AUD)
We found a lot to like in F-Secure Online Backup, especially for more experienced users. Features such as manual operation, upload speeds couched in terms of Kbps, and the option to define how long locally deleted files remain in the backup definitely appeal to the advanced user. That said, there are still plenty of friendly beginner features such as the automatic selection of important data files.
F-Secure (the same company of antivirus renown) Online Backup's three-tab (Backup, Restore, Settings) interface is clean, albeit occasionally confusing - mostly when you want to manually select/deselect files for backup.
You can manually turn on and off the auto-selection of Office documents, photos, videos, and music. However, the automatic selected files don't show up in the My Important Files area where you manually select or deselect various (including those that normally contain your photos and music) folders for backup.
There are actually too many small issues to list here, so suffice to say that the entire Backup tab could be more intuitive in its naming conventions, conceptualisation, and organisation.
Despite the occasional interface puzzler, F-Secure Online Backup will back up your important files and it's cheaper than the pay versions of the Carbonite, CrashPlan, Fabrik, Mozy, and SpiderOak competitors for single PC.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
- Use Feedback Hub to complain to Microsoft about Windows 10
- Netflix's Fast.com download tester takes its war against slow ISPs directly to the user
- New Windows 10 Mobile preview adds handy web features, but kills Wi-Fi Sense
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- FTBusiness Systems Architect - Technical LeadershipWA
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCMobility SpcialistACT