Organise your digital notes.
- Marvellously simple, converts handwriting well
- It would be nice to see more ways to filter notes into categories
EverNote is hardly perfect--I'd especially like to see more ways to filter notes into categories. However, the program is a great tool for note takers and tablet scribblers.
Price$ 35.00 (AUD)
Note: Pricing for this product is in US$.
EverNote Plus puts your text, images, videos, and other data in order, and converts handwriting well.
All the world is a crib sheet, and every bit of your art and data is just so much chaos waiting to be organized. Enter EverNote Plus--a marvellously simple organiser of images, videos, ink (handwriting entered via mouse, tablet, stylus, and so on), text notes, spreadsheets, and more.
EverNote offers a free basic version and a US$35 Plus version that adds handwriting recognition (I tested a shipping version of the Plus package). The application considers all of your files to be notes. You can create your own notes either by using templates or by dragging and dropping data and files into EverNote Plus.
Finding your files and data is simple: EverNote organises your notes into a searchable database. When your database grows to a truly daunting size, you merely create a new one.
Organising your notes and files is a good thing, but the way the Plus edition converts ink drawings and graphical scans to text is downright cool. It is startlingly good at recognising whole words and sentences written in script, though recognition of printed single characters is a bit scattershot. Another neat trick in the Plus version of the app is shape correction, which straightens or smooths your lines, circles, squares, and other doodles.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Latest News Articles
- What Microsoft is taking away from Windows 10 in the Anniversary Update
- PowerDVD 16 gains 360-degree video playback: Here's how it works
- Microsoft will miss its one billion Windows 10 device target
- Google is working to make every website viewable in VR
- Twitter's new stickers are more useful than Snapchat
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCOracle/Java/Applications DeveloperACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCFinance Stream Consultant (SAP FICO & Procurement Streams)NSW
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - GeneralVIC
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT