Eurofield Information Solutions Macquarie WordGenius Reference Library
- The added bonus of a spellchecker removes all Americanisms from your documents that Microsoft applications normally don't pick up.
- The drag-on boxes could become frustrating after a while. It unfortunately always sits above every program that has a drag and drop ability.
Very useful for everyday use. It takes Word's spellchecker, thesaurus and dictionary one-step further, plus it's in Australian English. What more could you ask for?
Price$ 79.95 (AUD)
The Macquarie WordGenius Reference Library is a very handy tool when using an application that supports drag and drop, such as Microsoft Office. WordGenius is a dictionary, thesaurus and spell checker on one disc that makes it quick and easy to correct your documents without ever having to pick up a dictionary.
Words can be dragged from any Microsoft application onto the Macquarie drag-on that will either define or give you the synonym/antonym of the word depending on whether you are using the dictionary or thesaurus. The added bonus of a spell checker removes all Americanisms from documents that Microsoft applications normally don't pick up. It's a thorough program that is perfect for all Australians.
Installation is quick and easy, taking no more than a few seconds each. Simply follow the instructions by entering a name and authorisation key. Once installed, the Macquarie dictionary and thesaurus image, called a drag-on, appears at the corner of the desktop. It's quite annoying to have to install each section (dictionary, thesaurus and spellchecker) separately though; it would have been much easier to have a button that does all three at once.
Once installed, the spellchecker corrects all the Americanisms that Microsoft Word would normally accept. Once you've selected the default, all future documents will be corrected with the Macquarie spellchecker, except for documents that were created before the spellchecker was installed.
There are various ways of using the dictionary and thesaurus. The standard way is by entering the word you want defined, but with added bonuses including a pronunciation assistant that pronounces the word for you, a reverse dictionary and Australian slang definitions.
The drag-on boxes do become frustrating after a while as they sit above every program that has drag and drop ability. Thankfully, it can easily be removed by right-clicking and selecting Exit. You can also customise the drag-on to be small, medium or large. The smallest size is a measly 6x8mm and the large 18x25mm. Users can even customise their own drag-on image in bitmap format.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Google's new AI aims to end abusive online comments using 'Perspective'
- Village Roadshow aims to block 40 pirate sites
- Analysts peer into Microsoft's rumored Windows 10 Cloud
- Google lets users get social with Maps
- Microsoft unveils a bonanza of security capabilities
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSME in Openstack, AWSNSW
- TPe-Learning Developer (Captivate 8)VIC
- CCStorage System EngineerNSW
- FTDevelopment Manager - SaaSQLD
- CCService ManagerACT
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- TPEnvironment Specialist(DevOps)QLD
- FT.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- TPSCCM SpecialistVIC
- CCFront-End DeveloperQLD
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | Enterprise Information SharingQLD
- FTData Conversion LeadNSW
- FTSAP BOBJ ConsultantACT
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCApplication Services Administrator (Linux)NSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Consultant/Architect Global IT Company - SydneyNSW
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)NSW
- TPBusiness Analyst AO7QLD
- CCAgile CoachNSW
- FTSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- TPProject Manager to manage two concurrent ProjectsQLD
- FTSolutions Software DeveloperVIC
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA