Equisys Zetadocs PDF 2.0
Although confined solely to Windows, Zetadocs PDF is a good solution for those that need, on an industrial scale, to email attachments that look professional. Zetadocs PDF isn't cheap but it ought to pay for itself quite quickly in terms of saved time. A 30-day trial is available for download.
Price$ 2,700.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
Equisys is best known for its network fax software, Zetafax. As the sun sets on faxing, it has turned its attention to emailing documents. The best format for this has to be Adobe PDF (portable document format). There's no shortage of PDF-authoring apps - some free - but there's a dearth of network-capable software.
To the bread-and-butter PDF creator Zetadocs adds the ability to directly email a PDF from within the client to multiple recipients. Separate documents can also be combined into a single PDF and emailed on a corporate letterhead.
It can take this one stage further by automating the creation and despatch of PDF documents. You could automatically create an email sales quote that included terms of business, price lists and brochures. And because it's networked, standard templates can be defined and held centrally, standardising the look of your literature. Zetadocs is integrated with Word and Outlook and as a result can offer personalised PDF creation, via Office's Mail Merge function.
Zetadocs PDF collects up the documents you've printed to the PDF printer driver and lets you manipulate them before despatching via email or fax. An accessories panel on the right lists the PDF components you might want to overlay on your document, such as a letterhead. You simply drag what you want across to the centre pane to merge it in to one PDF. You can then click on the Send button to despatch your composite.
One area where a PDF automator such as this is useful is in accounts, which tend to generate mountains of paper each month. However, this is dealt with by a separate product, Zetadocs for Accounting. A 5 user license for Zetadocs PDF costs $2700.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft Translator now translates text from images, increases language support
- YouTube dives into VR, live-streaming with 360 video
- Netflix stops insisting it will never support offline videos
- YouTube rolling out live 360-degree videos with immersive Coachella experience
- Podcasts are now on the air in Google Play Music
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT