Epson Stylus RX700
- Very quick printing
- Expensive at first
Although this versatile unit requires a hefty initial outlay and its upkeep will cost you close to $20 for each of its six ink tanks, the quality of its photo prints, scanning and photocopying is excellent.
Price$ 699.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 2 stores)
- V12H001K68 Soft Carrying Case, Projector Accessory 112.99
The RX700 is an all-encompassing digital photo production unit. It can print full-bleed A4 and 4x6in photos either from your PC or directly from your PictBridge-enabled digital camera's memory card.
Additionally, it can produce excellent photocopies, not only of magazine clippings and thick books, but also of CD/DVD artwork. Simply place the disc you want to copy in the scanner, place a printable disc in the input tray and you're set. We tested this function with printable Ritek DVD-R discs and the results were impressive.
Printing on paper is aided by the inclusion of two paper trays. The rear tray holds your photo paper; the front tray holds your plain paper. Printing documents on plain paper in normal mode produced slightly feathered results, but printing on glossy media in photo mode produced super-sharp images. Colour tones were very accurate and the level of detail in each print was excellent. Photo prints were also quick. A full-bleed A4 photo dropped onto the output tray after only 3m12s!
Most interesting is the segregation of its six ink tanks and its print head. The ink tanks reside at the front of the unit and are easy to access. Ink travels from these to the print head via tubes, which helps keep the weight of the print head to a minimum. We noticed very little vibration and whisper quiet operation.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How 4D printing is now saving lives
- 3D printing industry to triple in four years to $21B
- Disney files patent for near instantaneous 3D printing
- Never run out of printer ink with HP Instant Ink
- HP to launch 3D printers this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAgile Coach / Agile Training ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCRevalidations OfficerACT
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCScrum MasterACT
- FTGeospatial Support AnalystQLD
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCChange Manager - SAP FinanceNSW
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCSolution Architect (security domain)VIC
- FT.NET Developer (Angular JS/ SQL)WA
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCSnr Technology Analyst Disaster RecoveryVIC