Epson P-2000 Multimedia Storage Viewer
- Large LCD screen, simple user interface, AV-out support
- Quite bulky, MP3 playback is basic, no headphones
A great device for viewing photos, with a large LCD screen, but it lacks some MP3 playback features and is quite bulky.
Price$ 799.00 (AUD)
The Epson P-2000 is a photo viewer and file storage device with an impressive list of features, topped by a fine 3.8" display and MP3 playback capabilities.
The P-2000 is quite bulky, measuring 84 x 147 x 31.4mm. Its sleek black and silver casing felt sturdy and looked great, but it was very hard to keep free of fingerprints. Inside, our review unit had a 40GB hard disk for storing video, audio and images transferred to it via a USB cable.
The P-2000's 640 x 480 pixel LCD screen is among the best we've seen on these types of devices and is excellent for viewing photos. The photos uploaded to the device were all clear and bright, and the colour depth in the menu was excellent and easy on the eyes. The screen was so bright that it was virtually unaffected by sunlight and all types of other lighting conditions.
To the left of the screen is an accessible five-way navigational button that is big enough to cater for those with large fingers. At the top of this navigational button are keys for Print and Menu and at the bottom are keys for Cancel, Display and Home. Generally, the unit's controls were very easy to access, which made using the P-2000 an enjoyable experience.
The unit features AV-out support (for connecting the P-2000 to a television), a headphone jack, DC-in and USB ports--all located on the left side of the device. CompactFlash and Secure Digital card slots are available at the top of the unit. Epson also allows you to print directly from the P-2000 to some models of Epson printers via USB.
Browsing through your files is easy, and the menu is colourful, vibrant and simple to navigate, with the files displayed in thumbnail form. Photos were quick to load and even faster to scroll through. The P-2000 also features a slide show feature, where you can group your photos together to display to friends or family, and play up to three audio files as background music. The response time when quickly scrolling through menu items or photos was also impressive.
The P-2000 supports a range of file formats, including: JPEG and RAW image files, MPEG4 and Motion JPEG video files and MP3 and AAC audio files. The sound quality and volume of MP3 playback is above average, but the external speaker doesn't provide much in terms of audio quality. Headphones would have been a bonus, but it's clear this device is designed more for viewing photos than for playing music.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperQLD
- FTERP ConsultantQLD
- FTData Conversion LeadNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCService ManagerACT
- TPSenior Network EngineerWA
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics DeveloperNSW
- CCTest AnalystWA
- CCTelecommunication Operations SpecialistTAS
- FTDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Permanent - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW
- FTFinancial ERP Customer SME / Solution Consultant / System AccountantNSW
- CCUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCNetwork ArchitectWA
- TPMaster SchedulerNSW
- CCSecurity Analyst - multiple rolesACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCStorage System EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Regulatory/Compliance - BankingNSW
- CCDeployment EngineerSA
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)NSW
- TPNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- FT.Net Azure DeveloperSA
- FTIT Project Coordinator - Mascot/AlexandriaNSW