- Great picture quality, HDMI support
- Very big, loud at full power
This product performs extremely well, and is certainly feature-rich.
Price$ 3,999.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 2 stores)
While it may look similar to the Epson EMP-TW10H, the EMP-TW200 is elevated into a completely different category due to its performance and price.
At over 5kg and approaching half-a-metre wide, the EMP-TW200 is a cumbersome beast, more suited to permanent installation than portability. Along with features like lens shift (150 percent vertical, 50 percent horizontal) the EMP-TW200 offers remote zoom and focus. This means you could make adjustments to a ceiling-mounted EMP-TW200 without needing a stepladder to reach the lens rings.
It's a WXGA (1280 x 720 pixel) projector, and as you'd expect, provides a much sharper picture than lower end widescreen projectors. Colour was extremely well reproduced, with no particular bias and strong, but pleasantly neutral, tones. Our HDTV 1080i performance tests showed excellent signal rescaling, with a sharp, clean appearance. There was no evidence of over-sharpening on any of our test signals, and only minor artefacts popped up in our composite video tests. At this resolution, the flyscreen effect is only noticeable if you're sitting too close to the screen, but we did spot a very slight amount of vertical banding on flat, bright area--though certainly not enough to be distracting.
The EMP-TW200 has a lower contrast ratio than some models, but we found the 1000:1 Theatre setting provided more than adequate depth in dark conditions. It's also notable that the EMP-TW200 features the newer HDMI digital interface, rather than DVI.
It's unobtrusively quiet in Theatre mode, though it can get a little noisy at full power, plus the lamp is rather expensive to replace, making running costs comparatively high.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Sony’s new liquid-cooled 4K home video projector delivers 5000 lumens of brightness, costs $60,000
- BenQ targets Epson with revamped home entertainment projectors
- LG's new Laser Display gives you 100in of full HD glory
- Vivid Sydney 2012 gets some love from will.i.am
- InFocus releases cheap short-throw projector
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst |Telecommunications / DigitalNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- FTIT Security Governance ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCLabour Stream LeadVIC