Epson Aculaser CX11nf
- Fast, high-quality printing; colour
- 180-sheet paper tray, no memory card slots
Epson's AcuLaser CX11NF rolls the functions of a scanner, copier, fax machine and printer into a single device. Good output quality and ease of use help make it attractive to small businesses, and make it easier to overlook the lack of memory card slot and limited paper tray.
Price$ 1,349.00 (AUD)
Despite heavy inroads being made by colour inkjets, laser printers are still the only way to go for high-volume printing in an office environment. The high-speed of output, relatively low running costs, colour fastness and available accessories add up to make laser a much better choice for demanding environments.
Epson's AcuLaser CX11NF is a colour laser multifunction device designed to fit into a small office environment and handle printing, scanning and faxing duties for a workgroup or business unit. At the heart of the system is a 192MHz processor and 128MB of memory (upgradeable to 576MB). The printer supports Standard ESC/Page Colours emulation mode and is rated to operate between 10°C and 32°C.
The grey machine is physically bulky, standing 67cm tall and weighing more than 34kg, but it's packed with features. On the downside, there's only enough space in the supplied paper tray to store 180 sheets. The output tray holds 250 sheets.
The CX11NF ships with cables, software, consumables and a pack of 100gsm paper to get you up and running immediately. Individual toner cartridges are used for C, M, Y and K colours, and are available in both standard size (1500-sheet) and high capacity (4000-sheet). The photoconductor unit is rated to print 10,500 colour pages and 42,000 black and white ones.
The machine sports both USB and Ethernet connectors and ships with both Mac and PC drivers. Scanning and copying takes place at an optical resolution of 600dpi (up to 9600dpi optimised), and the Super G3 fax works over either regular phone lines or a PBX system, so it should fit into just about any office environment.
Print speeds were impressive, with the unit managing to output at 4.5 pages per minute in colour and 22ppm in monochrome, and the menu system is easy to use. A LCD on the front panel keeps the user informed of what the AcuLaser is doing--so there's no sending a print job from one desk and then wondering if and when it will pop out of the printer.
At $1899 with a one-year warranty, Epson's do-it-all laser printer is good value for small businesses. The only things it lacks are a memory card slot and higher-capacity default paper tray.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
- 3D printer owners rate the best 14 machines
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTSenior Lead Developer/Architect - TelcoVIC
- FTProject Coordinator/AdministratorNSW
- FTICT Business Development Manager - Technical Products/SolutionsQLD
- FTSolution Architect (e-Health)NSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistQLD
- CCFrom Security Operations to Technical Business Analyst, make the move now!NSW
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCNetwork and Cloud SMENSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst AgileQLD
- FTSenior Java Applications DeveloperVIC
- FTApplication Team Lead - ERP & Microsoft TechnologiesNSW
- FTMarketing Specialist (B2B Sales)NSW
- FTCitrix ArchitectNSW
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperACT
- FTHR Application Architect - WorkdayVIC
- FTDesign Specialist - TelecomNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Web Developer - Port MacquarieQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperWA
- TPInfrastructure EngineerNSW
- FTSenior C# DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTAutomation TesterQLD
- FTNetwork Infrastructure Development EngineerNSW