Epson Aculaser CX11nf
- Fast, high-quality printing; colour
- 180-sheet paper tray, no memory card slots
Epson's AcuLaser CX11NF rolls the functions of a scanner, copier, fax machine and printer into a single device. Good output quality and ease of use help make it attractive to small businesses, and make it easier to overlook the lack of memory card slot and limited paper tray.
Price$ 1,349.00 (AUD)
Despite heavy inroads being made by colour inkjets, laser printers are still the only way to go for high-volume printing in an office environment. The high-speed of output, relatively low running costs, colour fastness and available accessories add up to make laser a much better choice for demanding environments.
Epson's AcuLaser CX11NF is a colour laser multifunction device designed to fit into a small office environment and handle printing, scanning and faxing duties for a workgroup or business unit. At the heart of the system is a 192MHz processor and 128MB of memory (upgradeable to 576MB). The printer supports Standard ESC/Page Colours emulation mode and is rated to operate between 10°C and 32°C.
The grey machine is physically bulky, standing 67cm tall and weighing more than 34kg, but it's packed with features. On the downside, there's only enough space in the supplied paper tray to store 180 sheets. The output tray holds 250 sheets.
The CX11NF ships with cables, software, consumables and a pack of 100gsm paper to get you up and running immediately. Individual toner cartridges are used for C, M, Y and K colours, and are available in both standard size (1500-sheet) and high capacity (4000-sheet). The photoconductor unit is rated to print 10,500 colour pages and 42,000 black and white ones.
The machine sports both USB and Ethernet connectors and ships with both Mac and PC drivers. Scanning and copying takes place at an optical resolution of 600dpi (up to 9600dpi optimised), and the Super G3 fax works over either regular phone lines or a PBX system, so it should fit into just about any office environment.
Print speeds were impressive, with the unit managing to output at 4.5 pages per minute in colour and 22ppm in monochrome, and the menu system is easy to use. A LCD on the front panel keeps the user informed of what the AcuLaser is doing--so there's no sending a print job from one desk and then wondering if and when it will pop out of the printer.
At $1899 with a one-year warranty, Epson's do-it-all laser printer is good value for small businesses. The only things it lacks are a memory card slot and higher-capacity default paper tray.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
- How 4D printing is now saving lives
- 3D printing industry to triple in four years to $21B
- Disney files patent for near instantaneous 3D printing
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTOnline Solutions AnalystNSW
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- CCData Engineer (SQL/Big Data/Scala)VIC
- FTHR Payroll ConsultantQLD
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCMDM Consultant/DesignerVIC
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- CCTest Analysts - MainframeACT
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- TPSenior Project Manager - ReinsuranceNSW
- FTSolutions Software DeveloperVIC
- TPDigital Strategist - Newcastle BasedNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ReportsNSW
- TPPerformance Test Analyst - Perth BasedQLD
- FTOracle Forms PL/SQL Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- TPDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - Tivoli Storage SpecialistNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- TPOrganisational Change Manager - ICT Services TransformationQLD
- CCTelecommunication Operations SpecialistTAS
- CCSenior Project Manager - Regulatory/Compliance - BankingNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCJunior Data ArchitectACT
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW