Epson AcuLaser C2600N
- Fast print speed, good help functions
- Time-consuming setup
Rich colours, zippy print speeds, an easy-to-use interface, and a two-year on-site warranty help make the C2600N a solid printer for small business
Price$ 1,640.00 (AUD)
We've been hearing about how a paperless office will revolutionise the workplace for more than a decade now. Even with ever-increasing email usage, irrespective of what tech pundits may claim, the truly paperless office is still a long way away. Epson's AcuLaser C2600N is a flexible colour laser printer designed to keep a small business ticking, and help produce marketing or report material internally.
This hulking grey and beige machine measures 50cm high, around 55cm deep, and 77cm wide with paper trays extended. The C2600N is a bulky printer, weighing in at 37 kg, and side access to the consumables means you'll need a wide desk to support it. A silver panel sits on the front face, and sports an LCD screen along with six buttons for control. Paper trays are present to hold up to 650 pages, with a 250-sheet output tray on the top of the machine.
The C2600N ships with 64MB of RAM by default (upgradable to 512MB), and supports common emulations including Standard ESC/Page Colour, ESC/Page, PCL6 (Mono), and Adobe PostScript 3. Both Mac and PC are fully supported. A 10/100 Ethernet connection is provided as standard (along with parallel and USB 2.0) and is managed via Epson's WebManager application. The app is straightforward and easy to use, and provides access to printer information and jobs.
The machine takes four separate cartridges to cover CMYK toners, and there's a waste cartridge at the side. Installation and setup is a little time consuming, as you have to install each cartridge in turn. The C2600N must first be powered up, and the display prompts for you to install cartridges. Though it takes around 20 minutes, it's a straightforward process as the directions are clear. There's even a help button if you get stuck running through the maintenance procedures.
The Epson printer employs AcuBrite toner, which produces extremely rich and vibrant colours with even coverage across the entire page. The C2600N is pretty zippy - as is expected of a networkable small-business laser - and managed print at speeds of up to 28 pages per minute monochrome, and around seven in colour. This is adequate for most small businesses, and the device boasts a monthly duty cycle of up to 120,000 mono pages or 48,000 colour ones.
The Epson AcuLaser C2600N offers great print quality, an easy-to-use interface complete with a help button, and a two-year on-site warranty that will provide plenty of peace of mind for businesses.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
- How 4D printing is now saving lives
- 3D printing industry to triple in four years to $21B
- Disney files patent for near instantaneous 3D printing
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPBusiness Intelligence Program ManagerVIC
- FTSalesforce AdministratorQLD
- TPTechnical Support Resource-Skype for BusinessVIC
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCPMO ManagerNSW
- FTData AnalystQLD
- FTSenior ITIL Service AnalystVIC
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTJava Developer/IntegratorACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - Regulatory/Compliance - BankingNSW
- TPImplementation Business Partner - Business ModernisationNSW
- CCSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTBranch Practice Manager - SecurityQLD
- TPSOE AdministratorQLD
- TPLinux Desktop Support SpecialistWA
- TPAPS6/EL1 Database Modelling SpecialistACT
- TPDigital Strategist - Newcastle BasedNSW
- FTPerformance TesterACT
- CCCommercial Contract AdministratorACT
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC