Enermax KB007U AURORA Premium
- Comfortable to use, easy to set up, attractive design, integrated audio, integrated USB ports
- Basic keyboard layout, multimedia keys could be better
The Enermax Aurora is a basic keyboard with a whole lot of style. It is comfortable to use and has good features, but the inclusion of multimedia keys would have made this keyboard excellent.
Price$ 89.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 4 stores)
The Enermax Aurora is a 104-key keyboard compatible with both PC and Mac. Made from solid brushed aluminium and using scissor key technology, its striking style is only matched by its ease of use.
The Aurora is a fairly basic keyboard. It doesn't have any extra keys like macros or multimedia functionality and from all outward appearances, it really isn't anything special. However, not everyone needs all the extra bells and whistles on a keyboard. A keyboard that is easy to set up, comfortable to use and not too loud can be more than enough. In that regard, the Aurora is top notch
There are some great features included on this keyboard that aren't apparent at first glance. Like a notebook keyboard, it uses scissor keys which require a less forceful depression and, in this case, are exceedingly comfortable to use. We found typing on the Aurora to be very easy and discovered that only a very light press was required to register the keys. As a result the keyboard is extremely quiet. However, if you are a key thumper, then typing will actually be exceedingly loud since the chassis is made of metal.
There are also two integrated USB ports plus a microphone and headphone jack. The keyboard has an audio chip inside it to allow for a set of regular VoIP or gaming headphones to be plugged in without having to fish around behind your PC tower. The sound quality is excellent and the microphone is of the same quality as plugging it directly into the sound card.
Set up is a breeze. We plugged the Aurora into a computer with the Windows Vista Ultimate operating system. It was automatically found and the appropriate drivers were applied including the audio chip and the USB hub. The same occurred in Windows XP but we were unable to test it on a Mac operating system.
The Enermax Aurora is not only comfortable to use and easy to set up, but it's also rather sexy as well. It comes in silver or black and is solid as a rock. As a result, it is also much heavier than most keyboards, but unless you plan to cart it around the place that shouldn't be much of a concern.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Intel profit falls as PC slump continues
- Mac users exposed by zero-day vulnerability
- Intel shows first Skylake tablet
- Hands-on with AMD's FreeSync: The technology that could kill Nvidia's G-Sync
- Qualcomm's Raspberry Pi-like computer has wireless capabilities
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW