Energizer Australia Energi To Go
- Simple to use, handy in a pinch, small
- Lithium batteries tougher to find, adapters for all phones not included in one pack
It may be simple, but in a tough spot, Energizer's Energi To Go may just give you the power you need to make that last call or that important e-mail. A must for business users and road warriors alike.
Price$ 34.95 (AUD)
In the age where your mobile phone is also your camera, your MP3 player, your portable storage device and hopefully soon an all-in-one breakfast maker, it is refreshing to see that some phone accessories are still keeping it simple. Energizer's Energi To Go is a portable charging device for your mobile, and that's about as simple as it gets.
Running off two AA batteries, it can be a lifesaver for those who are regularly on the road. You can't always find a power outlet when you need one and business users in particular will appreciate having their smartphones up and running at critical moments.
The unit is extremely basic, just a small curved battery case with a jack at the top that accepts a variety of adapters. There are adapters available to suit the majority of mobile phone manufacturers, including Nokia, Samsung, Motorola and LG. Mini-USB is also an option, although you don't get all of these together in the one box so be certain to purchase the appropriate package.
It is very sturdily built and is fine to just throw in your bag and forget about it. It's tiny too at around 10cm long and 3cm thick, so it's perfect regardless of how much bag space you have.
There are no controls present, you simply unclip the tip of the case, insert the batteries and you're good to go. Plugging it into a completely dead phone will have it up and running in around 30 seconds, which is comparable to a standard AC phone charger.
The unit comes with two non-rechargeable Lithium batteries, which are recommended by Energizer. While they do last longer than regular Alkaline AA batteries they are also more difficult to find so some consumers may struggle to utilise this device to its fullest.
Energizer doesn't give an exact figure regarding how many charges you'll get out of a single set of batteries, but smartphones will get slightly less than regular phones. Typically, we found we'd get several charges on our regular mobile handset before needing to change batteries.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo to integrate Amazon Alexa in Moto smartphones
- HMD's new Nokia 3310 turns back the clock -- and turns heads
- Huawei showcases new phones in Barcelona, gets mobbed by eager crowds
- Huawei's P10 camera-phone comes in more colors than the rainbow
- Nokia now has three budget Android phones in its arsenal, but everyone is going to want the 3310
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTClient Delivery ManagerSA
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - PeopleSoft HR/Payroll ProjectVIC
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer -NetApp & TSMNSW
- TPWinforms DevelopersWA
- TPImplementation Business Partner - Business ModernisationNSW
- CCData Engineer (Java/ Data/ Big Data Developer)VIC
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- CCTest AnalystWA
- TPMaster SchedulerNSW
- CCUser Experience Designer - Part time - Short contractACT
- FTSenior Software EngineerVIC
- TPTechnical Support Resource-Skype for BusinessVIC
- CCSME in Openstack, AWSNSW
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCStorage System EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- TPDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - PERMANENTACT
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTFinancial ERP Customer SME / Solution Consultant / System AccountantNSW
- FTDigital Strategist - Global Consulting FirmACT