Eizo FlexScan L778
- Great image quality, dual-input, long warranty
- Poor OSD menu
The Eizo unit offers outstanding image quality, both VGA and DVI inputs, and is backed-up by a 5-year warranty. All up, a great screen for a professional user.
Price$ 1,441.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 2 stores)
Eizo's FlexScan L778 is a high-end TFT monitor aimed at a professional user.
The 19" screen boasts a native resolution of 1280 x 1024 pixels and offers a 10-15ms response time. Buttons run along the bottom edge of the wide front bezel and are well laid out, providing easy access to the on-screen menu.
The screen weighs 7.1kg and features a small base plate, providing a minimal overall footprint. A pivoting stand allows the monitor face to rotate and swing through two dimensions and VESA mounting brackets are also included.
Both DVI and VGA inputs are available, and the screen includes separate audio inputs for each. It's possible to switch between them, with little difference in image quality between the two. Overall, the picture quality is outstanding, showing good contrast range and clear delineations between shades. Colour tone is also spot-on; photos look even and balanced. Text remains readable in both brightly light and dark rooms, and the screen is well suited to business use.
The auto-adjust feature accurately sets the screen up for both inputs, and the menu allows quick adjustments in colour temperature to suit different images on screen. However, the menu is fairly difficult to use as it relies on small icons that make navigation tricky.
Speakers sit down the edge of the screen (on each side) and provide surprisingly punchy audio, while sound options allow you to adjust EQ, balance and SRS. There's also a USB hub built in, with two ports on the right-hand side of the monitor behind the panel. The ports are well located, and it makes it easy to connect memory keys, digital cameras, and other USB devices.
The screen offers a 178-degree viewing angle, but images appeared to darken quickly as we moved to viewing from either side or above. One handy feature is BrightRegulator, which adjusts the on-screen image based on ambient light conditions, but the adjustments rendered the image a little dark during operation. The screen is rounded out by a five-year warranty and a solid range of extras in the box, including all cabling, a satisfactory manual, software and mounting screws.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- LG's ultra-thin touchscreen panels will enable lighter, thinner notebooks
- Curved displays from TVs see uptake in PCs, monitors
- Samsung's UHD Monitor covers 99.5 per cent of Adobe colour spectrum
- LG to unveil curved ultrawide monitor at IFA
- Ultra high-definition and 3.5mm bezels are traits of AOC’s new monitors
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW