Eizo ColorEdge CG303W LCD monitor
The Eizo ColorEdge CG303W 30in monitor has a high-quality IPS panel with a resolution of 2,560-x-1,600
- Very high-quality and accurate colour output, paper matching, excellent software, bundled hood.
- Pricey, curious lack of DisplayPort for 30-bit colour
Eizo's ColorEdge CG303W is, quite possibly, the best monitor an artist or designer could hope for. It combines a superb panel, incredibly accurate colour output, and well-conceived controls supported by great software.
Price$ 6,480.00 (AUD)
This 30in Eizo ColorEdge CG303W monitor has a high-quality IPS panel with a resolution of 2560x1600. While you can now get this resolution over 27-inches on Dell's UltraSharp U2711 (or Apple's 27-inch iMac), it feels more comfortable on the eyes over long periods at the larger size. Behind this is a processing system that works in a 12-bits-per-colour space to ensure that the colours output by your graphics card are accurately mapped to the CG303W's own space.
The CG303W is capable of outputting 30-bit colour, and this is where it gets odd. This is only an option for Windows users, as you need an AMD ATI FirePro or nVidia Quadro board to do this. Most 30-bit sets up use DisplayPort as it's native to the standard - but the CG303W uses dual-link DVI, which requires support for specific monitors to be built into each graphics card. It’ll work fine with the current generation of boards – but future support isn't guaranteed.
Everything else about the CG303W seems so considered and tailored to the needs of creatives. The excellent bundled ColorNavigator software works with most standard hardware, including X-Rite’s Eye-One and DataColor's Spyders. There's also colour matching for paper, a bundled hood to keep lighting consistent and even a Screen Cleaner Kit (that's also great for cleaning your glasses).
Slight 30-bit quibbles aside - this is an exceptional monitor that's more than worth its high price.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 3 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 4 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 5 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
Latest News Articles
- Dell's wild 8K monitor goes on sale with a just-as-stunning price tag
- LG's 4K HDR monitor gets a price and release date, heralding a new era for PC displays
- Dell's monstrous 70-inch touchscreen monitor takes aim at Microsoft's Surface Hub
- Dell's 4-screen multimonitor setup looks like one enormous 43-inch display
- Foxconn to pay over $US6bn for a majority stake in Sharp
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- Subaru XV 2017 review
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCInfosphere ConsultantACT
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - Microsoft / VMWareVIC
- FTAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Functional Consultant - Data Analytics - TelcoVIC
- FTIT Project Manager. Ciritical permanent roleNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst/UATVIC
- FTICT Security AnalystQLD
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- FTAutomation Test AnalystSA
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!ACT
- FTAgile Test AnalystQLD
- FTSnr Salesforce Technical Consultant/Architect Global IT Company - SydneyNSW
- CCBusiness Specialist - Data ManagementNSW
- FTNetwork Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- CCWintel Engineers - NV1ACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Forecasting SASNSW
- CCITCM EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - ApplicationsNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCJava DeveloperVIC