Edifier Esiena iF360 iPod dock
We were impressed by the Edifier Esiena iF360, despite how expensive it is
- Excellent audio quality, lovely design and build quality, supports an array of inputs for playing music
- Turning the device on and off will reset volume back to default level
We were very pleased with the Edifier Esiena iF360. It's more than just an iPod dock, offering a multitude of ways to play music. It also provides amazing audio quality.
Price$ 599.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 4 stores)
The Edifier Esiena iF360 is a great all-in-one audio system that doesn't make any compromises when it comes to sound quality.
The Edifier Esiena iF360 plays host to a variety of ways to listen to music. First and foremost it docks with an iPod or iPhone. If you’re not an Apple nut, fear not as the iF360 has an SD memory card slot, a USB 2.0 port, a CD player, FM radio, and an auxiliary input that allows MP3 players and mobile phones to be connected. In addition to MP3s, it will also play WMA files.
The $599 price might seem like a lot, but you have to keep in mind that the iF360 will play audio from multiple sources, and the quality of the speakers is excellent. The iF360 has clear treble and surprisingly good bass for such a small device. The touch-sensitive volume control also can also be used to adjust the bass and treble.
The two 25W speakers have little to no distortion when the volume is turned up and the audio can easily fill a room. The built-in FM radio receives signals with ease and reception is clear. One thing to note is that if you turn the device off and on again, it will default to a mid-level volume.
Aesthetically, the iF360 is quite pleasing on the eye; its unobtrusive design makes it ideal for any room in the house. Touch-sensitive navigation buttons illuminated with red lighting are located on the top of the unit and are not only responsive but easy to use. The glossy black finish looks great, however it collects fingerprints easily.
A high-intensity dot matrix VFD (vacuum fluorescent display) adorns the front of the unit and clearly shows settings related to the mode the iF360 is in. When the unit is in standby mode, it displays the time and date, and as an added bonus you can program alarms. The menus are simple to navigate and for added convenience the iF360 comes with a remote control.
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @Goodgearguide
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia Lumia 830 review: Punching above its weight
- 2 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 3 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 4 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 5 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- The 'Backoff' malware linked to data breaches is spreading
- China develops its first homegrown server amid cybersecurity concerns
- Honda rolls out pedestrian detection for Legend sedan
- Cyberespionage group launches sophisticated phishing attacks against Outlook Web App users
- Microsoft to continue using Nokia brand on entry-level phones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW