- Fast performance, Stable,
- Floppy port in bad location, poor memory slots.
All things considered, this board is a great performer, but we found some of its physical features to be awkward
Price$ 183.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
Featuring the standard nForce4 chipset, this board was a very fast performer and was very stable during our tests. The installation of Windows XP on a RAID 0 array went smoothly, although we were required to make our own driver disk, which was not supplied. This package was lighter than most in terms of accessories: the board only ships with one SATA cable and one SATA power cable as well as one IDE and one floppy cable. This is not surprising considering its price tag.
Although its performance was good, we did have some issues with the board itself. The floppy drive port is located along its bottom edge of the board just under the last PCI slot, which makes it difficult to access if the board has already been mounted. The location of the fan-cooled nForce4 chipset is also very close to the PCIe slot, which may hinder cards that have cooling solutions on their top side. Another quibble relates to the memory slots, whose release levers do a poor job of releasing the memory modules from their slots.
The rear port cluster contains a useful slew of legacy ports (serial, PS/2 and parallel) as well as USB 2.0, Gigabit Ethernet and both analog and digital audio ports (the analog ports exhibited noticeable background noise and interference, especially each time the mouse was moved). It lacks FireWire, which may not be a concern for you unless you have an early model iPod or like hooking up to your DV camcorder to your PC.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Latest News Articles
- Nvidia's new $200 GeForce GTX 1060 3GB challenges the Radeon RX 480 head-on
- Corsair and MSI team up on a liquid-cooled, overclocked GeForce GTX 1080
- AMD's new SSG Technology blends an SSD with a GPU?!
- AMD packs 1TB SSD into a GPU for better VR and gaming
- AMD's Radeon Pro WX GPUs can create VR content for under $1,000
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCManager Architecture Practice Lead (Infrastructure Architect)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- FTData AnalystsWA
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- CCInfrastructure Designer - AWSNSW
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW