Easeus Todo Backup
Back up entire partitions, restore partitions and individual files for free with the highly useful Easeus Todo Backup
- We were unable to back up to optical media, no scheduling or incremental backups
Although Easeus Todo Backup isn't the best imaging/backup program out there, it has by far the best price - free. Macrium Reflect also comes in a free version, but doesn't mount images. Todo Backup works well and offers everything most users need. What's not to like?
We don't understand how companies can make money giving stuff like this away. True, the free Easeus Todo Backup doesn't do every single backup task: it won't schedule, overwrite previous jobs, or do incremental backups. But for anyone willing to back up and cull backups manually, this program has a lot to recommend it.
We tested Easeus Todo Backup in a virtual machine, then under three standard installations. It didn't work in the virtual machine, but in the regular-Joe systems, the program worked perfectly. It even backed up our system partition without a squawk.
Since few users image VM hard drives, we give Easeus Todo Backup a better than passing grade. Our biggest complaint is that despite setting the options to not split the backup, the program split the backup into 4.2GB DVD-suitable sections anyway. Another minor complaint is that although you could interpret the help PDF as indicating support for optical media, we were unable to back up to such.
In addition to allowing a full restore, Easeus Todo Backup mounts (and un-mounts) the images it creates as virtual hard drives. This allows you to easily browse and recover individual files and folders using Windows Explorer. If that weren't enough, the program also comes with a Linux-based boot recovery CD so you can recover your system if disaster strikes. It will clone disks: i.e. copy an entire disk structure to another disk, as well.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft fleshes out seismic change to Windows patching
- Where's the bottom for Microsoft's Internet Explorer?
- ICANN transition moves forward, despite last-minute attempt to block it
- PSA: Windows 10's Anniversary Update reactivates ads you've already disabled
- Analysts laud and lance new Microsoft browser armor
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- FTProgram SchedulerNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- FTBI Analyst - Data and FraudNSW
- TPSenior UI Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTGraduate Software Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- FTSenior AEM Support AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- TPPHP Junior Developer/ProgrammerQLD
- FTMigration Release ManagerACT
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCUX LeadNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectSA
- TPBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- FTTest ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst | Travel IndustryQLD
- CCBase24 DeveloperNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerSA
- CCService Now DeveloperVIC
- CCOracle Functional Consultant | 6mth ContractVIC