Easeus Todo Backup
Back up entire partitions, restore partitions and individual files for free with the highly useful Easeus Todo Backup
- We were unable to back up to optical media, no scheduling or incremental backups
Although Easeus Todo Backup isn't the best imaging/backup program out there, it has by far the best price - free. Macrium Reflect also comes in a free version, but doesn't mount images. Todo Backup works well and offers everything most users need. What's not to like?
Best Deals (Selling at 4 stores)
We don't understand how companies can make money giving stuff like this away. True, the free Easeus Todo Backup doesn't do every single backup task: it won't schedule, overwrite previous jobs, or do incremental backups. But for anyone willing to back up and cull backups manually, this program has a lot to recommend it.
We tested Easeus Todo Backup in a virtual machine, then under three standard installations. It didn't work in the virtual machine, but in the regular-Joe systems, the program worked perfectly. It even backed up our system partition without a squawk.
Since few users image VM hard drives, we give Easeus Todo Backup a better than passing grade. Our biggest complaint is that despite setting the options to not split the backup, the program split the backup into 4.2GB DVD-suitable sections anyway. Another minor complaint is that although you could interpret the help PDF as indicating support for optical media, we were unable to back up to such.
In addition to allowing a full restore, Easeus Todo Backup mounts (and un-mounts) the images it creates as virtual hard drives. This allows you to easily browse and recover individual files and folders using Windows Explorer. If that weren't enough, the program also comes with a Linux-based boot recovery CD so you can recover your system if disaster strikes. It will clone disks: i.e. copy an entire disk structure to another disk, as well.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- PowerDVD 16 gains 360-degree video playback: Here's how it works
- Microsoft will miss its one billion Windows 10 device target
- Google is working to make every website viewable in VR
- Twitter's new stickers are more useful than Snapchat
- YouTube is bringing live broadcasting for all to its mobile apps
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCGuidewire Developer - Policy Center 8NSW
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Developer - Initial 3mth ContractVIC
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- FTDesktop Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- CCAccounts Reconciliation Officer/ AdministratorNSW
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCSoftware Developer- CobolACT
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/SQL) 160721/AP/624Asia