Partition Master 3.5 Professional Edition
Easeus Partition Manager has recently received not just a version upgrade to 3.5, but a name change to Easeus Partition Master
- New version has removed the previous need to restart before beginning a copy of a non-system partition
- Bit too unpolished
While Partition Master Professional 3.5 does offer the same tools as other partition managers, we feel it's a bit too unpolished to be a competitive alternative. We wouldn't throw away the free Home Edition of the software — which lacks 64-bit support and a few minor features — but the Professional version just doesn't make the grade.
Price$ 49.92 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
- String Curtain Drapery Room Divider Partition -... 710.99
Easeus Partition Manager, last reviewed as Easeus Partition Manager 2.1, has recently received not just a version upgrade to 3.5, but a name change to Easeus Partition Master. Despite the changes, the company missed one feature that really did require attention: the interface, which we still found to be somewhat ugly and poorly implemented.
Easeus employs the same basic user interface you've probably seen in Windows for years. It uses linear graphical representations of the partitioned drive(s), showing their relative sizes and their free and used space, with text details below.
But the font Easeus has chosen to use for the interface of Easeus Partition Master 3.5 Professional Edition, a dated serif courier type, is oddly proportioned for the screen. It's certainly readable — with a little squinting — but something better could have been used.
In addition, the interface of Easeus Partition Master 3.5 Professional Edition is a bit limited. Resizing a partition can be done by either entering hard numbers into a text area for the values you want or by dragging the right side of the drive's graphical representation in or out to shrink or expand its size. However, only three drives appear in the upper-graphical section. You can view all your drives in the text listing below — the text portion occupies at least five-sixths of the screen — but if you have more than three drives (we had six), it's a hassle.
Task icons can be found at the top of Easeus Partition Master 3.5 Professional Edition's application window, and the equivalent text descriptions of those tasks are shown along the left side of the screen. If you right-click on a partition or disk, you'll see a repetition of those same options.
Easeus Partition Master 3.5 Professional Edition offers the usual tools; you can create and delete partitions as well as resize them. Easeus doesn't support partition-editing functions that allow you to change a partition from, say, NTFS to Linux, but you can change a FAT partition to NTFS.
Easeus Partition Master 3.5 Professional Edition has also added disk and partition copy functions, but things can get odd. For example, copying a partition requires that unallocated space already exists. You can't just tell the application to use an existing partition and erase the data it might find there. This can make the task awkward and increases the number of steps needed to complete it.
The new version of Easeus Partition Master 3.5 Professional Edition has removed the previous need to restart the computer before beginning a copy of a non-system partition. That's a boon to people who dislike unnecessary reboots.
Easeus borrows Windows CHKDSK, if needed, when doing a surface analysis. If you want to defragment your disk, you'll need to resort to Windows' defragmenting tools.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft Translator now translates text from images, increases language support
- YouTube dives into VR, live-streaming with 360 video
- Netflix stops insisting it will never support offline videos
- YouTube rolling out live 360-degree videos with immersive Coachella experience
- Podcasts are now on the air in Google Play Music
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW