Partition Master 3.5 Professional Edition
Easeus Partition Manager has recently received not just a version upgrade to 3.5, but a name change to Easeus Partition Master
- New version has removed the previous need to restart before beginning a copy of a non-system partition
- Bit too unpolished
While Partition Master Professional 3.5 does offer the same tools as other partition managers, we feel it's a bit too unpolished to be a competitive alternative. We wouldn't throw away the free Home Edition of the software — which lacks 64-bit support and a few minor features — but the Professional version just doesn't make the grade.
Price$ 49.92 (AUD)
Easeus Partition Manager, last reviewed as Easeus Partition Manager 2.1, has recently received not just a version upgrade to 3.5, but a name change to Easeus Partition Master. Despite the changes, the company missed one feature that really did require attention: the interface, which we still found to be somewhat ugly and poorly implemented.
Easeus employs the same basic user interface you've probably seen in Windows for years. It uses linear graphical representations of the partitioned drive(s), showing their relative sizes and their free and used space, with text details below.
But the font Easeus has chosen to use for the interface of Easeus Partition Master 3.5 Professional Edition, a dated serif courier type, is oddly proportioned for the screen. It's certainly readable — with a little squinting — but something better could have been used.
In addition, the interface of Easeus Partition Master 3.5 Professional Edition is a bit limited. Resizing a partition can be done by either entering hard numbers into a text area for the values you want or by dragging the right side of the drive's graphical representation in or out to shrink or expand its size. However, only three drives appear in the upper-graphical section. You can view all your drives in the text listing below — the text portion occupies at least five-sixths of the screen — but if you have more than three drives (we had six), it's a hassle.
Task icons can be found at the top of Easeus Partition Master 3.5 Professional Edition's application window, and the equivalent text descriptions of those tasks are shown along the left side of the screen. If you right-click on a partition or disk, you'll see a repetition of those same options.
Easeus Partition Master 3.5 Professional Edition offers the usual tools; you can create and delete partitions as well as resize them. Easeus doesn't support partition-editing functions that allow you to change a partition from, say, NTFS to Linux, but you can change a FAT partition to NTFS.
Easeus Partition Master 3.5 Professional Edition has also added disk and partition copy functions, but things can get odd. For example, copying a partition requires that unallocated space already exists. You can't just tell the application to use an existing partition and erase the data it might find there. This can make the task awkward and increases the number of steps needed to complete it.
The new version of Easeus Partition Master 3.5 Professional Edition has removed the previous need to restart the computer before beginning a copy of a non-system partition. That's a boon to people who dislike unnecessary reboots.
Easeus borrows Windows CHKDSK, if needed, when doing a surface analysis. If you want to defragment your disk, you'll need to resort to Windows' defragmenting tools.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Village Roadshow aims to block 40 pirate sites
- Analysts peer into Microsoft's rumored Windows 10 Cloud
- Google lets users get social with Maps
- Microsoft unveils a bonanza of security capabilities
- Here's how Evernote moved 3 petabytes of data to Google's cloud
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTMonitoring Tools Support l NimSoft , SMARTS, ehealth, TivoliNSW
- CCInfrastructure Test AnalystACT
- FTNetwork Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- TPMaster SchedulerNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- CCProject Support OfficerNSW
- CCSQL Server BI DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXWA
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- TPInformation Management SpecialistVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional ConsultantVIC
- TPDeployment Specialist (DevOps)QLD
- CCTest AnalystWA
- CCSystems Engineer (Infra)NSW
- TPSharePoint AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Network AdministratorNSW
- CCSOE EngineerACT
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectACT