Easeus Partition Manager Professional Edition 2.1
Easus Partition Manager is a disk utility designed to allow you to create and resize disk partitions with ease.
- Home version is free
- Crude interface
Although Paragon Partition Manager is the program we would prefer to use on a daily basis, if you can do without the migration and backup tools then Easus offers much better value for money – especially so if you can get by with the free Home version. Indeed, for experienced personal users, the Home edition is an excellent free utility and highly recommended.
Price$ 39.95 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 3 stores)
Note: Pricing for this product is in US$.
Easus Partition Manager is a disk utility designed to allow you to create and resize disk partitions with ease. Like Paragon's Partition Manager, it also comes in three versions — in this case Home as well as Professional and Server editions.
Easeus Parttion Manager Professional supports 32- and 64-bit versions of Windows XP and Vista (as well as 32-bit Windows 2000), and is about half the price of the Pro release of Paragon's Partition Manager — although with fewer features overall.
While the interface is generally easy enough to use when creating, moving and deleting partitions, it is not as slick as its competitor and lacks the simpler screen that Paragon provides. As such, novices might be slightly confused by the information first presented to them, but the use of wizards to work with partitions should help the process.
Aside from the partition manager itself, the only additional utility offered by Easus Partition Manager Professional is one to create a boot disc in case you need to recover your system. Nonetheless, it handles the core task very well and creating, moving and labelling partitions proved to be simple and efficient, without any loss of data.
All actions can be previewed before you commit to them, and the program supports hard disks up to 1TB in size as well as RAID arrays of multiple disks.
The apparent lack of features and the somewhat cruder interface count against Easus — but these are the only two things. And the Home version of Easeus Partition Manager is free for personal, non-commercial use, although it only supports 32-bit OSes. Like the Professional version, the Home version works with RAID setups and, if you wish to create, move and resize partitions this is an extremely useful utility.
At the other end of the scale, the Server edition supports Windows Server (2000 and 2003 editions) and handles up to 32 hard drives. This is the most powerful version, which in turn is available at half the price of Paragon's server offering, and for the same price as its competitor you can run it on an unlimited number of computers with Vista and XP.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Latest News Articles
- What Microsoft is taking away from Windows 10 in the Anniversary Update
- PowerDVD 16 gains 360-degree video playback: Here's how it works
- Microsoft will miss its one billion Windows 10 device target
- Google is working to make every website viewable in VR
- Twitter's new stickers are more useful than Snapchat
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- CCContract Senior Web Developer (PHP/Drupal/JAVA) 160808/SWD/vtdAsia
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/JBoss/SQL) 160831/AP/994Asia
- CCActive Directory Consultant/ArchitectWA
- CCOracle/Java/Applications DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia