NCAA Football 10
NCAA Football 10 is an enjoyable college football sim that doesn't quite reach superstar status.
- TeamBuilder is very deep and really allows for a personal team, Season Showdown could make for some great online rivalries, Erin Andrews
- Road to Glory is a new title and not much else, EA will charge you real money for virtual in-game recruiting
While Kevin wasn't blown away by this year's NCAA installation, he still found it an incredibly enjoyable title with some deep new gameplay options, such as the customisable new TeamBuilder feature.
NCAA Football 10 is like an above average college football recruit: it plays hard, keeps its nose clean and eventually gets drafted in the second round. It doesn't make ESPN's Top 10 Plays segment on a weekly basis nor does it rack up the jersey sales but it works hard in the trenches and is a great locker room presence. What I'm trying to say here is that NCAA 10 isn't a superstar, but your team -- or rather, your sporting game library -- will be better off if it's on your roster.
Erin Andrews > New gameplay
As we've all heard a thousand times before, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" and EA Tiburon follows that edict about as well as anybody could. The game looks and plays pretty much like last year's version, with the expected uptick in visual quality and some new gimmicks and tweaks that are peppered in to, and allow me to paraphrase the legendary Hank Stram here, keep things "matriculating down the field."
My favourite new addition has to be the bodacious Erin Andrews, who acts as the in-game sideline reporter; she can play on my team any day of the week. Season Showdown mode is also a welcome addition; in this mode you are graded on every aspect of your game as you play out your school's weekly schedule. There's even an honour code so if you choose to run up the score, it will cost you dearly when your grade is tallied.
School's Out For Summer
Another excellent online feature is the new TeamBuilder mode. There's a dedicated website that does an absolutely fantastic job of letting you create a custom team that you can import into the game. My only gripe is that you have to use the website; there's no TeamBuilder option on the actual game disc itself. Road to Glory mode is also fun and gives you the ability to watch videos of your saved highlights after every game but the gimmick becomes stale after a while.
All in all, NCAA Football 10 is an enjoyable college football sim that doesn't quite reach superstar status. It has a great set of skills but it doesn't excel in any one area. If you're a diehard college football fanatic then this is a no-brainer; if, however, you're just in the mood for some digital football, I'd advise you to wait until Madden NFL 10 comes out before you sign your letter of intent.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Latest News Articles
- Legendary RPG Planescape: Torment is getting an Enhanced Edition, 17 years later
- Sony's PlayStation 4 Pro finally adds 4K video support for local files
- StarCraft Remastered updates a legend with 4K widescreen support, updated audio, and more
- Obduction's new VR hand-tracking makes Myst's spiritual successor even more stunning
- Star Citizen dumps DirectX 12 plans to focus on Vulkan-powered graphics
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Subaru XV 2017 review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst- Systems & Network -Telco backgroundNSW
- CCPerformance AnalystQLD
- CCWintel Engineers - NV1ACT
- CCNetwork Testing Integration SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Developer - Java - TelcoVIC
- CCOrganisational Change LeadNSW
- FTSoftware Development ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst- Digital & agileNSW
- TPApplication Support EngineerQLD
- FTProcurement Business AnalystVIC
- CCProjects Governance Risk SpecialistSA
- FTSecurity Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Applications - Data ReportingNSW
- FTICT Security AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Communications EngineerWA
- FTResponsive Design Developer, Frontend, PHP, WordpressNSW
- FTJunior Network EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Test Analyst-InfrastructureNSW
- CCDB2 System ProgrammerVIC
- FTField Deployment EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Web Developer - Port MacquarieNSW
- FTFunctional Consultant - CommercialsQLD
- FTProduct Manager - FintechNSW
- FTEAM Delivery Manager - SAPNSW