NCAA Football 10
NCAA Football 10 is an enjoyable college football sim that doesn't quite reach superstar status.
- TeamBuilder is very deep and really allows for a personal team, Season Showdown could make for some great online rivalries, Erin Andrews
- Road to Glory is a new title and not much else, EA will charge you real money for virtual in-game recruiting
While Kevin wasn't blown away by this year's NCAA installation, he still found it an incredibly enjoyable title with some deep new gameplay options, such as the customisable new TeamBuilder feature.
NCAA Football 10 is like an above average college football recruit: it plays hard, keeps its nose clean and eventually gets drafted in the second round. It doesn't make ESPN's Top 10 Plays segment on a weekly basis nor does it rack up the jersey sales but it works hard in the trenches and is a great locker room presence. What I'm trying to say here is that NCAA 10 isn't a superstar, but your team -- or rather, your sporting game library -- will be better off if it's on your roster.
Erin Andrews > New gameplay
As we've all heard a thousand times before, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" and EA Tiburon follows that edict about as well as anybody could. The game looks and plays pretty much like last year's version, with the expected uptick in visual quality and some new gimmicks and tweaks that are peppered in to, and allow me to paraphrase the legendary Hank Stram here, keep things "matriculating down the field."
My favourite new addition has to be the bodacious Erin Andrews, who acts as the in-game sideline reporter; she can play on my team any day of the week. Season Showdown mode is also a welcome addition; in this mode you are graded on every aspect of your game as you play out your school's weekly schedule. There's even an honour code so if you choose to run up the score, it will cost you dearly when your grade is tallied.
School's Out For Summer
Another excellent online feature is the new TeamBuilder mode. There's a dedicated website that does an absolutely fantastic job of letting you create a custom team that you can import into the game. My only gripe is that you have to use the website; there's no TeamBuilder option on the actual game disc itself. Road to Glory mode is also fun and gives you the ability to watch videos of your saved highlights after every game but the gimmick becomes stale after a while.
All in all, NCAA Football 10 is an enjoyable college football sim that doesn't quite reach superstar status. It has a great set of skills but it doesn't excel in any one area. If you're a diehard college football fanatic then this is a no-brainer; if, however, you're just in the mood for some digital football, I'd advise you to wait until Madden NFL 10 comes out before you sign your letter of intent.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- You can download Nintendo's Fire Emblem Heroes for iOS and Android today
- Nintendo's Fire Emblem Heroes looks sharp, but will it survive the freemium transition?
- Nintendo's bringing Super Mario Run to Android in March, but Fire Emblem's coming first
- The Switch is a mix of Nintendo's past consoles
- Dead Rising 4 impressions: 'Tis the season to BBQ zombies with your flaming sword
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- CCProject Support SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 required!!!!SA
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- CCLevel 1/2 SAP Support AnalystACT
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperQLD
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- CCPMO Analyst - Financial ServicesNSW
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 requiredSA
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - NetApp SpecialistNSW
- TPProject Support OfficerQLD
- CCSystems Engineer (Systems Architect/Designer)VIC
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTWeb Developer/ReportsNSW
- CCBPM DeveloperVIC
- TPBusiness Intelligence Program ManagerVIC
- FTNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- CCMDM Consultant/DesignerVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer (cisco)NSW
- TPSenior Analyst Programmer - ContractQLD
- FTConsultant Business AnalystQLD