EA Games Medal of Honor: Heroes 2
- The controls are very well implemented, the 32-player online mode has potential
- Graphics are lacklustre, gameplay is somewhat shallow, World War II theme is oh-so-tired
Wii owners who are desperate for a post-Metroid 3 FPS experience should definitely check Heroes 2 out but if you have access to other consoles, you're probably better off playing something else instead. Like, say, Call of Duty 4?
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
Alright, we have to admit it: for a Wii FPS game, Heroes 2 is not half bad, especially considering the other choices out there.
The controls are tight and the action is fast paced, even if the game's premise feels stale. The included 'Arcade' mode is also decent: it turns the game into an on-rails light-gun game where you are shuttled around from level to level while shooting enemies with the Wii Remote.
Oh, and the fact that it packs a multiplayer mode capable to hosting 32 gamers is pretty damn impressive. Honestly, if the only console you have access to is a Wii, then this is the best FPS experience available to you outside of Metroid Prime 3.
But that doesn't mean the game is great. The Wii visuals are adequate but not particularly impressive and the WWII-themed story feels so tired. The single-player campaign doesn't do much to distinguish itself other than its controls, which are well implemented, and the 'Arcade' mode is a fun but an ultimately shallow experience that pales in comparison to other games like The Umbrella Chronicles.
The one potential bright point lies in the game's multiplayer mode; we didn't get to play it -- at the time this review went to press, the game's servers hadn't gone live yet -- but if it's done right, Wii owners will finally have a massive online playground to run around in.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- SurveyMonkey: Pokémon Go popularity may have already peaked
- Pokémon Go and the demon-haunted world
- 8 insider tips to help you become a Pokémon master
- Awesome: Hitman's next elusive assassination target is Gary "Wildcard" Busey
- Microsoft's slimmed-down Xbox One S launches August 2
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSolution Architect - Digital (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTSAP PI ABAP SpecialistVIC
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- CCMiddleware ConsultantVIC
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- CCTest AnalystACT
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCDeployment ManagerACT
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW