EA Games Medal of Honor: Heroes 2
- The controls are very well implemented, the 32-player online mode has potential
- Graphics are lacklustre, gameplay is somewhat shallow, World War II theme is oh-so-tired
Wii owners who are desperate for a post-Metroid 3 FPS experience should definitely check Heroes 2 out but if you have access to other consoles, you're probably better off playing something else instead. Like, say, Call of Duty 4?
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
Alright, we have to admit it: for a Wii FPS game, Heroes 2 is not half bad, especially considering the other choices out there.
The controls are tight and the action is fast paced, even if the game's premise feels stale. The included 'Arcade' mode is also decent: it turns the game into an on-rails light-gun game where you are shuttled around from level to level while shooting enemies with the Wii Remote.
Oh, and the fact that it packs a multiplayer mode capable to hosting 32 gamers is pretty damn impressive. Honestly, if the only console you have access to is a Wii, then this is the best FPS experience available to you outside of Metroid Prime 3.
But that doesn't mean the game is great. The Wii visuals are adequate but not particularly impressive and the WWII-themed story feels so tired. The single-player campaign doesn't do much to distinguish itself other than its controls, which are well implemented, and the 'Arcade' mode is a fun but an ultimately shallow experience that pales in comparison to other games like The Umbrella Chronicles.
The one potential bright point lies in the game's multiplayer mode; we didn't get to play it -- at the time this review went to press, the game's servers hadn't gone live yet -- but if it's done right, Wii owners will finally have a massive online playground to run around in.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 2 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 3 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 4 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
- 5 Apple Watch review: saving time
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Need for Speed puts The Fast and the Furious back into street racing
- Batman: Arkham Knight: How bad are the issues? Pretty bad.
- Sony doubles PlayStation 4 storage ahead of big game releases
- Microsoft adds Xbox 360 backwards compatibility to Xbox One
- The Xbox-Oculus partnership won't harm HoloLens
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTPR & Corporate Affairs ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- CCDrupal DeveloperNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTMedia and Communications AdvisorACT
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCInternal Communications AdvisorNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW