FIFA 13 by EA Sports for iOS
It may not be as fluid as the console version, but FIFA 13 for iOS is a great mobile option for soccer nuts
- Different game modes
- Layout of controls
- Can’t make a pro
- Movement can be rigid
- Huge file size
For commuters, travellers, or those who don’t wish to invest in a console, FIFA 13 by EA Sports for the iPhone is a justifiable substitute. It offers multiple game mode options, as well as the fan favourite, FUT.
Price$ 5.49 (AUD)
While it cannot mirror the quality of the gameplay and the graphics that are offered by the console version of the game, EA Sports' FIFA 13 app is a sufficient substitute when away from home. It includes most of the major game modes, as well as multiplayer. However, the controls don’t provide the same level of freedom on the phone as they do on a console.
The FIFA 13 app features a Quick Match menu, which then allows you to select between Kick-off, Practice, and Penalty shoot-out. There is also a gamepad option, which gives you the ability to use the iPhone (or iPod) as a controller for the iPad version of the game.
Ultimate Team (FUT) is also available in the FIFA 13 app. It has all the functionality of the console version of FUT, including trade and store. The last mode, apart from the Online option, is Career, which includes Tournament and Manager playing modes. Unfortunately, you can't make your own pro player on the app.
The app does not share content (such as game mode saves, Ultimate Team, and other features) with the console version of FIFA 13, which means that you can't continue your console career through the app and vice-versa. Your account does link up though. As a result, any experience earned by playing the app version adds to your overall level within FIFA.
While the FIFA 13 app may not be able to compete with the freedom, flow, and freestyle nature of the console version of the game, it offers an exceptional mobile experience. EA Sports has done well to minimise the amount of controls present on the screen, meaning that your fingers remain in the bottom left and right corners rather than covering the majority of the screen. It has transformed the dozen plus button variations available in the console version into just four small buttons and swipe motions alongside an 'analogue stick'. Player movement is fairly smooth, although executing effective dribbling can be difficult due to player turns feeling too rigid.
Developer: Electronics Arts
Requirements: iOS 4.0+
Reviewed on: iPhone 5
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Google might be gearing up to remove millions of Play Store apps next month
- WhatsApp finally launches video calling
- Google Play is cracking down on fake reviews and fraudulent install numbers
- Google Maps for Android adds 'OK Google' voice, navigation commands and other search tricks
- New call-blocking apps in iOS 10 can stop spams and scams before they reach you
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCGun Java Developer wanted...VIC
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- CCDelphix Technical SpecialistVIC
- FTApplication Support Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- FTDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Permanent - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW
- FTJava Developer/IntegratorACT
- TPSystem AdministratorVIC
- FTProject / Implementation Coordinator (Junior-Mid Level) Sunshine Coast LocationQLD
- FTFull Stack Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global BrandNSW
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- CCDesktop RolloutVIC
- CCNetwork Specialist - IPAM TelcoVIC
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- FTSales Account Manager | Cloud Solutions | Global Tech GiantNSW
- TPIteration ManagerNSW
- FTDeveloper - XML & JavaVIC
- CCIT Operations Centre EngineerQLD
- CCSystems Engineer (Infra)NSW
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW