EA Games Burnout Paradise
- The open-ended world offers up a lot of possibilities; the crashes, a series hallmark, are just as impressive as they were in past instalments; the sensation of speed is ridiculous, you better have nerves of steel if you want to survive this ride; the transition to online play is transparent and seamless, which is a really nice touch
- Just like in real life, navigating through the huge city can be intimidating; the learning curve is far steeper this time around that you will spend some time getting acclimated to the game; an instantaneous "restart" option would have definitely come in handy
It won't wow you with a high degree of realism like Gran Turismo will but for pure racing action, it is one of the best titles ever produced. Give it a chance and you might find yourself having the most fun you've ever had in a virtual car.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
Think the rush of triple-A titles is over? Think again: Burnout Paradise is a bona fide winner and it just might be the best action racing game ever created!
There is no denying the allure of the Burnout series. Like a souped up racing car, the Burnout games have always been about three things: speed, speed and more speed. Putting the virtual pedal to the metal in Burnout was as close as we were going to get to becoming a daredevil street racer, and it let us do it without the fear of reprisal from the authorities and the risk of ending our lives in a fiery automotive crash.
For pure racing action, there was no other franchise that delivered on all counts. From the slick engine to the awesome damage modelling and physics to the nose-bleed inducing sensation of virtual speed, Burnout had it all.
And just when we thought the bar couldn't be pushed any higher, along comes the best Burnout yet: the aptly named Paradise. With its open-ended world and its go anywhere/do anything philosophy, Paradise shines with a beautiful new-gen sheen. It's everything you would expect from lauded developer Criterion.
We were lucky enough to pull on our driving gloves and slip behind the wheel of this ultra slick racer so click through to the next page to read our impressions and see why Paradise is an action racing fan's dream come true.
We'll see you out on the open road.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- You can download Nintendo's Fire Emblem Heroes for iOS and Android today
- Nintendo's Fire Emblem Heroes looks sharp, but will it survive the freemium transition?
- Nintendo's bringing Super Mario Run to Android in March, but Fire Emblem's coming first
- The Switch is a mix of Nintendo's past consoles
- Dead Rising 4 impressions: 'Tis the season to BBQ zombies with your flaming sword
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTBid ManagerVIC
- CCDevops EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTWeb Developer/ReportsNSW
- CCADABAS Natural DeveloperNSW
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global BrandNSW
- TPBusiness Process Analyst (Newcaslte Based)NSW
- FTWintel EngineerSA
- TPSpatial Science OfficerQLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTMonitoring Tools Support l NimSoft , SMARTS, ehealth, TivoliNSW
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- CCMarketing SpecialistNSW
- TPNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ApplicationsNSW
- CCSOE EngineerACT
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- TPLead Change Manager - ERPVIC
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTJunior ITIL Service AnalystVIC