DrayTek Vigor 2800G
- Nice warranty, Robust features
It is a bit pricey, but it is full of features and comes with a three-year warranty, making it perfect for a small business.
Price$ 330.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
Dubbed the ADSL2/2+ security router, the Draytek Vigor 2800G has a strong set of privacy and protection mechanisms, such as an SPI (stateful packet inspection) firewall and content filtering, which allows you to block out specific URLs and keywords.
For more advanced users, the VPN (virtual private network) capabilities of this router are particularly strong. VPN can be undertaken through a wired or wireless network and data can be encrypted using DES (Data Encryption Standard), 3DES (DES three times) and AES (Advanced Encryption Standard).
Setting up this modem was easy - all we had to do was run the wizard in its HTML interface - but our line rate was detected at 11,177Kbps, which was a little lower than the other modems. In our FTP download test, however, the 2800G achieved an excellent average of 811KBps, and its total throughput was 1467KBps. Support for Super G is available, allowing for wireless communications up to 54Mbps both ways (upstream and ownstream).
The range of this unit can be boosted by adding optional high-gain antennae instead of using the two standard 3db antennae that are supplied. A wireless distribution system can also be established so you can expand the coverage of the network by introducing more access points.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto X (2nd Gen) review: Raising the bar
- 2 Xiaomi Mi4 review: Xiaomi's best yet
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Note Edge review: Lightly flawed, Undeniably special
- 4 Sony Xperia Z3 review: The no-frills flagship
- 5 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- China signals censors will continue to crack down on VPN services
- Facebook, Instagram temporarily down in many countries
- Quantum bringing public cloud into virtual storage fold
- Bowers & Wilkins T7 review: Where less is so much more
- DEA cameras tracking hundreds of millions of car journeys across the US
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.