- Hybrid analog/digital tuner, easy scheduler
A good hybrid digital and analog TV tuner, the T3000 is expensive compared to similar cards.
Price$ 250.00 (AUD)
This PCI card is a versatile piece of hardware. It has a combo analog/digital TV tuner, so if your digital reception is bad, you can try analog, and vice versa. You can't view analog and digital reception at the same time, though. In addition, it has composite and S-Video inputs for recording video from analog sources, such as your VCR. In our tests, analog recording through this card was of very good quality and did not have video/audio audio synchronisation problems.
Its software, DPandA-Media Centre, in its beta stage of development at the time of writing, performed well enough for us to test this card without any major problems, although HD channels lacked sound. This problem should be ironed out by the time the software gets released properly. We found that the card couldn't tune into SBS using this software either, no matter how many times we tried with the digital tuner, leaving us no option but to watch the Greek news using the analog tuner, which picked up all available channels without any fuss.
DPandA-Media Centre has an intuitive interface and you can record and watch live TV programs easily. The picture quality of live SD broadcasts and recorded SD programs was excellent. This particular version does not seem to support timeshifting yet; although it can pause a live picture, it does not continue recording the live stream.
For setting and forgetting, its recording scheduler is very easy to use and can be set to record a one-off event or a daily event. All up, we liked the versatility of this card and think it will be a good buy once its software is fully developed.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Latest News Articles
- AMD will sneak-peek its high-end Zen CPU in December, starting a new CPU war
- 5 burning questions about AMD's Zen chip
- Nvidia tempts GeForce Experience 3.0 users with Gears of War 4 giveaway
- Intel's latest Xeon chips based on Skylake due next year
- Intel packs more horsepower in its monster 22-core processor
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSystems Administrator :SCCMWA
- TPSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTEnterprise Architect - Information ManagementVIC
- FTWeb and Mobile iOS/Android Developer (Permanent)NSW
- CCDigital Content StrategistVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC
- FTSenior WebSphere Portal Technical LeadVIC
- CCAPI DeveloperSA
- CCAPI DeveloperQLD
- FTProgram Business Change Director - HR PayrollNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTICT Manager - DefenceACT
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTIT Business PartnerNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationQLD
- CCService Desk Quality Assurance SpecialistNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Digital MarketNSW
- FTIT Systems AnalystVIC
- FTEnterprise ArchitectACT
- CCJunior Desktop TechnicianACT
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCChange Manager/ Project ManagerNSW
- CCData Surveyor, Data Analyst, Electrical backgroundNSW