- Hybrid analog/digital tuner, easy scheduler
A good hybrid digital and analog TV tuner, the T3000 is expensive compared to similar cards.
Price$ 250.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 3 stores)
This PCI card is a versatile piece of hardware. It has a combo analog/digital TV tuner, so if your digital reception is bad, you can try analog, and vice versa. You can't view analog and digital reception at the same time, though. In addition, it has composite and S-Video inputs for recording video from analog sources, such as your VCR. In our tests, analog recording through this card was of very good quality and did not have video/audio audio synchronisation problems.
Its software, DPandA-Media Centre, in its beta stage of development at the time of writing, performed well enough for us to test this card without any major problems, although HD channels lacked sound. This problem should be ironed out by the time the software gets released properly. We found that the card couldn't tune into SBS using this software either, no matter how many times we tried with the digital tuner, leaving us no option but to watch the Greek news using the analog tuner, which picked up all available channels without any fuss.
DPandA-Media Centre has an intuitive interface and you can record and watch live TV programs easily. The picture quality of live SD broadcasts and recorded SD programs was excellent. This particular version does not seem to support timeshifting yet; although it can pause a live picture, it does not continue recording the live stream.
For setting and forgetting, its recording scheduler is very easy to use and can be set to record a one-off event or a daily event. All up, we liked the versatility of this card and think it will be a good buy once its software is fully developed.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Total War: Warhammer DirectX 12 performance preview: Radeon reigns supreme
- Radeon Polaris GPU and Bristol Ridge APU should be featured by AMD at Computex
- Google's Tensor Processing Unit said to advance Moore's Law seven years into the future
- Confirmed by Nvidia: Official GeForce GTX 1070 tech specifications leak
- Rumours are true: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 officially supports only 2-way SLI setups
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW