Domino's Pizza iPhone app
Not content with phone and Internet orders, Domino's now allows you to order pizza on your iPhone
- Well designed, good graphics, easy to use, can browse full menu including sides, tracker status, voucher redemption
- Doesn't use location services, no classic value pizzas on menu, no extra sauce or half/half options
The Domino's Pizza iPhone app has a couple of missing features, but if you regularly order pizza then this app is excellent; the missing functions will more than likely be added in future updates. This app is intuitive to use and well designed.
As ordering fast food over the phone or through a Web browser clearly isn't enough, Domino's Pizza Australia has developed and released an iPhone application that allows you to order pizza on your smartphone. Offering a distinct advantage over phone orders — the ability to browse the full menu — the Domino's Pizza iPhone app is excellently designed and well executed.
The Domino's Pizza iPhone app allows you to order pick-up or home delivery but strangely doesn't take advantage of the iPhone's location services when doing so. This means you have to manually enter your address for home delivery or the suburb for pick-up. Being able to quickly find the nearest Domino's store using GPS would have been a useful inclusion. Conveniently, frequent users can create a profile that saves address information.
You can browse most of the Domino's menu on the iPhone app, including pastas and salads, extras like garlic breads and chicken wings, drinks and deserts. Detail is excellent, and this is one of the better looking iPhone apps we've reviewed. When choosing individual pizzas the app allows the selection of sauce and crust and you can add and remove toppings as you please. Domino's also includes a "hot offers" menu — for example three pick-up pizzas for $18.00. Simply add the offer to your order and then select your pizzas.
Missing from the iPhone app menu are Domino's "Classic Value" pizzas, which include Hawaiian, Simply Cheese, beef and onion, Toni Pepperoni and margherita. Domino's claims the reason for the exclusion is the price difference between these pizzas and the rest of the range and the fact that they wanted to make the app available on the App Store as soon as possible. We expect to see these pizzas added in an update, and in the meantime you can create your own pizzas using the "designa" feature.
Once you've placed an order, the Domino's Pizza iPhone app allows you to track its progress. Unfortunately, you can only do this by leaving the app open. If you're in the middle of an order and close the app, the unfinished order remains when you open the app again.
The Domino's Pizza iPhone app doesn't currently support extra sauce or half cheese options, though you can redeem vouchers. All vouchers work except for value range vouchers, though these will be added in a future update.
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @Goodgearguide
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unveils Bixby voice assistant for upcoming Galaxy S8
- Pwn2Own hacking contest ends with two virtual machine escapes
- It's time to turn on HTTPS: the benefits are well worth the effort
- Windows Vista has just 30 days to live
- Panasonic pushes buttons with smart home prototypes at SXSW
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTResponsive Design Developer, Frontend, PHP, WordpressNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Forecasting SASNSW
- CCProject AdministratorNSW
- FTGIS Software DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness Solutions AnalystNSW
- FTSCCM AdministratorACT
- FTOracle eBusiness Functional Consultant. (Procurement)NSW
- FTQA LeadNSW
- CCLightweight Directory Access Procol (LDAP) DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - DSITIQLD
- FTGIS Software DeveloperQLD
- FTHyperion SpecialistNSW
- FTChief Architect - Principal ArchitectVIC
- CCServiceNow Specialist - Administration and DevelopmentVIC
- FTWeb Data Entry PublisherACT
- CCSAP BPC SME/Consultant - BRISBANE BASEDQLD
- CCSenior Full Stack Web Developer - Port MacquarieNSW
- TPSenior SAP Time and Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTSCOM Monitoring and Alerting SpecialistNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer (cisco)NSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Digital Technologies Financial ServicesQLD
- FTData Storage Support Consultant (EMC)QLD
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW