Domino's Pizza iPhone app
Not content with phone and Internet orders, Domino's now allows you to order pizza on your iPhone
- Well designed, good graphics, easy to use, can browse full menu including sides, tracker status, voucher redemption
- Doesn't use location services, no classic value pizzas on menu, no extra sauce or half/half options
The Domino's Pizza iPhone app has a couple of missing features, but if you regularly order pizza then this app is excellent; the missing functions will more than likely be added in future updates. This app is intuitive to use and well designed.
As ordering fast food over the phone or through a Web browser clearly isn't enough, Domino's Pizza Australia has developed and released an iPhone application that allows you to order pizza on your smartphone. Offering a distinct advantage over phone orders — the ability to browse the full menu — the Domino's Pizza iPhone app is excellently designed and well executed.
The Domino's Pizza iPhone app allows you to order pick-up or home delivery but strangely doesn't take advantage of the iPhone's location services when doing so. This means you have to manually enter your address for home delivery or the suburb for pick-up. Being able to quickly find the nearest Domino's store using GPS would have been a useful inclusion. Conveniently, frequent users can create a profile that saves address information.
You can browse most of the Domino's menu on the iPhone app, including pastas and salads, extras like garlic breads and chicken wings, drinks and deserts. Detail is excellent, and this is one of the better looking iPhone apps we've reviewed. When choosing individual pizzas the app allows the selection of sauce and crust and you can add and remove toppings as you please. Domino's also includes a "hot offers" menu — for example three pick-up pizzas for $18.00. Simply add the offer to your order and then select your pizzas.
Missing from the iPhone app menu are Domino's "Classic Value" pizzas, which include Hawaiian, Simply Cheese, beef and onion, Toni Pepperoni and margherita. Domino's claims the reason for the exclusion is the price difference between these pizzas and the rest of the range and the fact that they wanted to make the app available on the App Store as soon as possible. We expect to see these pizzas added in an update, and in the meantime you can create your own pizzas using the "designa" feature.
Once you've placed an order, the Domino's Pizza iPhone app allows you to track its progress. Unfortunately, you can only do this by leaving the app open. If you're in the middle of an order and close the app, the unfinished order remains when you open the app again.
The Domino's Pizza iPhone app doesn't currently support extra sauce or half cheese options, though you can redeem vouchers. All vouchers work except for value range vouchers, though these will be added in a future update.
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @Goodgearguide
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Village Roadshow aims to block 40 pirate sites
- Analysts peer into Microsoft's rumored Windows 10 Cloud
- Google lets users get social with Maps
- Microsoft unveils a bonanza of security capabilities
- Google might be gearing up to remove millions of Play Store apps next month
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCFullstack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTDigital Strategist - Global Consulting FirmACT
- CCData Engineer (Java/ Data/ Big Data Developer)VIC
- FTHead of ApplicationsVIC
- CCSQL Server BI DeveloperQLD
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- FTIT Project Coordinator - Mascot/AlexandriaNSW
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- TPSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Adelaide basedVIC
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTSenior .Net Developer with Silverlight proficiencyVIC
- CCSharepoint Business AnalystACT
- FT.Net Azure DeveloperSA
- FTData AnalystQLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)ACT
- CCInfrastructure Test AnalystACT
- FTSenior Database AdministratorVIC
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Contract - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW
- CCGIS Developer - GeocortexWA
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- CCWindows AdministratorACT
- CCBI Technical LeadACT