- Auxiliary input, USB power outlet, AV output for video, decent sound quality, bright screen, included accessories
- Chunky design, size may be a hindrance in certain vehicles
The DLO TransDock is a versatile in-car accessory that should come in quite handy, especially for long travelling.
Price$ 99.99 (AUD)
The DLO TransDock is a versatile, in-car iPod accessory that allows you to wirelessly stream music through your car stereo. It also features an auxiliary audio input, an AV output and a USB power outlet for charging other devices.
The TransDock is basically a cradle that operates by plugging it into your car's cigarette lighter adaptor. Conveniently, DLO includes two adapter arms in the package, so the TransDock should fit most vehicles. In addition to working with all iPods that have a dock connector, an auxiliary audio input at the base means the TransDock will work with any music player that has a 3.5mm headphone jack. Conveniently, the unit also charges your iPod when connected.
First and foremost an FM transmitter for music, the TransDock does a fair job in terms of sound quality. We did experience some interference, but this was quickly resolved by changing frequencies. The front of the TransDock has a small screen, and this displays the current FM frequency. The display is easy to read in all lighting conditions, thanks to the adjustable blue backlight. Two tuning buttons on the side combined with the mode button make it easy to select and store six frequencies. DLO also includes interchangeable faceplates (black and silver) to match your car interior.
The bottom of the TransDock is where it really shines. A standard USB port means you can charge your mobile phone or MP3 player, while an AV out port means you can watch an iPod's video through a portable video system in your car. Being able to charge your mobile phone, for example, and your iPod, whilst at the same time transmitting music to your car stereo is an excellent feature.
The unit itself is a black plastic dock, and it's quite chunky in size. We had to move it several times as it interfered with the gear stick in our car, but the extender arm may solve these issues, depending on your vehicle. DLO provides support for every iPod with a dock connector by including two interchangeable plastic docks in the package. DLO are quite generous with accessories in general, also including two face plates an extender arm and foam padding to protect the back of your iPod.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- FTProgram SchedulerNSW
- FTProject ManagerSA
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (J2EE/JAVA/Web) 161012/SSA/552Asia
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCBuild and Release ManagerNSW
- FTSenior programmer / ProgrammerAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTIncident & Problem AnalystVIC
- FTDigital DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - SchedulingVIC
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC