First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Story Planner Pro 3.1
- Easy to use, layers and camera moves can be animated, timeline-based editing and transitions, SWF and QuickTime animatic export, audio clip and image file-import facility.
- Limited file import and export options compared to competition, limited content-creation and editing tools.
This is meant to be a quick production tool, but it could do with a better set of content-creation tools. On the other hand, Story Planner Pro’s animatic pipeline is straightforward and makes digital storyboarding a simple task. The closest rival is Toon Boom’s Storyboard Pro, which has superior import and export support and more advanced vector-editing tools, but is also more expensive at US$899.99.
Price$ 495.00 (AUD)
Latest News Articles
- Yahoo acquires video streaming startup RayV
- New Relic's analysis service goes live
- Hardware hackathon hopes for new ideas on 3D printers, robots
- Wall Street Beat: Tech sales news mixed ahead of earnings
- Microsoft acquires InMage to boost Azure Site Recovery
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 2 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 3 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 4 How to connect your iPhone to your TV
- 5 Aldi's new budget Android smartphone isn't very good value
GGG Evaluation Team
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.