DietPower is software that helps you balance your diet.
- Easy to use
- You still have to do the hard yards
DietPower is easy to use from the get-go, but you'll save time overall - and get more out of this deep program - if you avail yourself of the tutorials sprinkled throughout. Education and discipline are the keys to weight loss and good nutrition, and DietPower helps in both categories.
Price$ 29.99 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
Note: pricing for this product is in US$.
DietPower is software that helps you balance your diet by giving regular feedback on your dietary and exercise habits.
First, tell DietPower how much you want to weigh and when. Every time you record your weight, the program designs a calorie budget for you. Select from the 21,000+ foods in the database or add your own, and DietPower shows the effect of these foods on your weight goals and your balance of 33 nutrients.
The program also estimates calorie expenditures for over a thousand kinds of activity, from accordion playing to yoga teaching. (And if the counts here are accurate, it's much more slimming to attend a yoga class than it is to teach one.) If you stay within your calorie budget and faithfully record your meals and exercise, DietPower can help you to reach your desired weight on your target date.
Version 4.0 introduced Nutrition Quotient, which charts your consumption of various nutrients - fat, cholesterol, carbs, vitamins, and so forth - and tells you if your intake is ahead or behind. Since then, Smart Seconds has joined NQ as a way to improve your eating throughout the day.
If you've eaten anything today that fits in to the "some is good, more is better" profile for your goal, DietPower highlights it in bright green.
Less useful - but still beneficial - Helper Foods get a light green. Taken together, Smart Seconds and NQ give a good thumbnail of your day's successes and mistakes and lets you tip the balance in the right direction.
The fudge we ate today gets an NQ of -9; the skim milk gets a 17. No surprise that Smart Seconds tells me to drink more skim milk, and that another slice of wheat bread wouldn't hurt us.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Quickflix halts trading ahead of acquisition
- Facebook aims to launch unmanned drone by year-end
- Windows 10 launches with its fair share of bugs
- These graphics cards and processors support Windows 10's DirectX 12 graphics tech
- Windows 10 is a free upgrade for Windows 7 and Windows 8 users
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC