- Great coverage
- Nothing of note
An invaluable tool for big companies that need an increased layer of security.
Price$ 32.40 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 2 stores)
Most of us are using firewall, antivirus and spyware protection, so it would be fair to assume you are safe from externally-based information crimes. However, the increased use of portable storage devices means the threat to company data from the inside is growing. While the perimeters of a corporate network can be locked down, portable storage devices can still be used for corporate espionage. Threats include data theft, the introduction of viruses and malware, and the transfer of copyrighted media.
DeviceWall software addresses these threats by blocking selected devices instead of ports - allowing full, legitimate business functionality of specific devices.
The software includes an analysis graph which shows how data is being used and highlights potential abuses. An invaluable auditing tool also allows administrators to view potential threats by monitoring how devices are used throughout an organisation before deploying policies to client workstations. Authorisation rights can be managed effectively on an individual user basis for all classes of portable media devices. Administrators can have a universal policy applied at the touch of a button to any level user on the network.
The program can be deployed efficiently from a central administration server via a simple Windows security-style GUI interface. In circumstances where device access needs to be granted outside of policy restrictions, an access code can be deployed from the central server. This allows for temporary access when not connected to the corporate network, but the transgression is still added to the audit log for tracking.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
- Use Feedback Hub to complain to Microsoft about Windows 10
- Netflix's Fast.com download tester takes its war against slow ISPs directly to the user
- New Windows 10 Mobile preview adds handy web features, but kills Wi-Fi Sense
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCRelease Manager, SAPNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/Oracle/Web) 160603/SA/871Asia
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCApplication System EngineerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- FTBusiness Systems Architect - Technical LeadershipWA
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW