- Great coverage
- Nothing of note
An invaluable tool for big companies that need an increased layer of security.
Price$ 32.40 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 2 stores)
Most of us are using firewall, antivirus and spyware protection, so it would be fair to assume you are safe from externally-based information crimes. However, the increased use of portable storage devices means the threat to company data from the inside is growing. While the perimeters of a corporate network can be locked down, portable storage devices can still be used for corporate espionage. Threats include data theft, the introduction of viruses and malware, and the transfer of copyrighted media.
DeviceWall software addresses these threats by blocking selected devices instead of ports - allowing full, legitimate business functionality of specific devices.
The software includes an analysis graph which shows how data is being used and highlights potential abuses. An invaluable auditing tool also allows administrators to view potential threats by monitoring how devices are used throughout an organisation before deploying policies to client workstations. Authorisation rights can be managed effectively on an individual user basis for all classes of portable media devices. Administrators can have a universal policy applied at the touch of a button to any level user on the network.
The program can be deployed efficiently from a central administration server via a simple Windows security-style GUI interface. In circumstances where device access needs to be granted outside of policy restrictions, an access code can be deployed from the central server. This allows for temporary access when not connected to the corporate network, but the transgression is still added to the audit log for tracking.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Mozilla Firefox update fixes several vulnerabilities
- Windows Phone can now work on smartphones with Intel x86 chips
- iOS 9.2.1 and OS X 10.11.3 are now available
- New field test lets you install Android apps directly from Google search
- Survey says: Almost a third of US consumers on Windows 10
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCProgrammer/Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Moblie) 160115/AP/P/vhaAsia
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW